Any Guerilla Gardeners around Ealing way?

• 15 replies
Any Guerilla Gardeners around Ealing way?
« on: March 26, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »
Hi,

I have just relocated to London from Ireland and am wondering if there are any guerilla gardeners out Ealing way (where I am living) or Bethnal Green (where I am working)?

Re: Any Guerilla Gardeners around Ealing way?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:50:53 AM »
Hello Robert, I am an Ealing guerilla gardener member, but totally inactive. Let me know if you are inspired to get active and I'll help out. Please note I am a beginner gardener and my husband thinks I'm mad to join this group, but I love the idea of it.
thanks,
Vanessa

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
I'm moving to Hammersmith at the weekend. Would be well up for doing something in the west london area soon.

Have never done a dig before tho, or indeed much gardening since i was about 8...

Would have two mates probably interested as well (neither major gardeners either).

Did you have anywhere in particular in mind?

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
Hi

I am nearish Ealing and would be very happy to come and garden.  Not a complete beginner.

Best wishes Caro

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
Hi Robert

I live in Chiswick, but have just joined so would love to be a part of your next dig.  I'm a beginning gardener, but am up for anything I can do to help!

Let me know if you have something coming up.

Lara

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
Hello, I'm in Brentford. I'm new to this as well but would like to join a nearby dig if there's one coming up. Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
Please help us.

Due to lack of funds we have been unable to complete our community garden. At the moment, our church community garden looks unloved.

Our church would love some help with the community garden and if you have a bit of free time you could spare during the week or at weekends, at a time of your choosing, we would love to hear from you. "You don?t even need to be a gardener ? just someone who enjoys being outdoors and helping to keep a garden looking good." Please come along If you can help.

Friday and Sunday every fortnight starting this Friday the 11th 10-12pm  Sunday 13th 11.30 - 1pm

Contact: Joy Williamson (0203 067 0035) Saint Mellitus with Saint Mark
Church road, Hanwell

Many thanks.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
I live in Isleworth, I work weird shifts including weekends  so I'd rather do something in the evening.  I don't have a car

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »
Hello.  I live in Ealing and would love to do some random acts of gardening.  I actually have some places in mind that could do with a little bit of cheering up once the weather is better.  If anyone is interested let me know.  :)

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
keen to start something in West London. I live in Shepherds Bush and although i haven't got involved in a dig, i have donated loads of plants for some.  Please get in touch if you'd like to get started and i certainly will help. Mireille

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »
Was thinking of a roundabout on the Ealing/West Acton border.  A couple of years ago, the BBC came to film something and made the roundabout look really nice with lots of plants, etc.  Two days later, to my utter horror, they came and took away all the plants and made the roundabout look ugly.  There is a tree in the middle of the roundabout to work around.  It's in a quiet residential area, however, a lot of cars do pass by during the morning and afternoon as it is a short cut for some from the A40/Hanger Lane. 

If anyone is interested let me know.  :)

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 12:09:46 AM »
hi
i live in boston manor and im a new guerilla gardener.i dont know which roundabout ur talking about but im definately up for a dig.  let me know what i can do to help.

tania x

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Centrepoint Ealing Hostel is for young homeless people many of which are refugees from oppression from other countries but also from vulnerable young people in the Ealing area. The hostel is in Northolt

We are in desperate need for volunteers to help us organise our food growing plot at the back of the hostel.

Can anyone who is willing to help please contact me
David Nissen - DNissen@centrepoint.org

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
Hi,
I live in Hanwell near Ealing/Boston Manor and I'm desperate to find somebody who could help me to deal with a totally unkept raised patio bed. I don't have any clue about gardening and would like to have some shrubs and plants planted.  Any help welcomed.
If anybody is interested, pls contact me at this e-mail: ptaczek@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Any Guerilla Gardeners around Ealing way? Especially Acton?
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
There are two raised beds at the walkway where Goldsmith Avenue meets Goldsmith Road in Acton W3. They were built to deter dumping and have been quite successful at that  - but the lady who looked after them has fled back to Canada and the deal was, when they were built,  that the council wouldn't be maintaining them.

Now they are rather sad and overgrown and I am a rubbish garndener - have cleared a bit and planted some snapdragons - cos that's what I had.

Prime site for guerrilla gardeners though and might be quite fulfilling to cherish.

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »
I'm new to ealing and would love to get involved in guerilla gardening in the west london area.
I'm not experienced in this field although I have kept houseplants for many years and a few pot plants over a few years which seem to have survived and I do have some spare bulbs.
I  have spotted two areas that need attention (in Ealing and in Hammersmith).
would be great to meet you wonderful ealing/west london people for a dig or something, maybe a pre dig meeting??

Amrit