GUERILLA GARDENING EDINBURGH

• 28 replies
GUERILLA GARDENING EDINBURGH
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:34:55 PM »
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHER G.G'S IN AREA.  ALTHOUGH I CAN AND WILL GO OUT AND DO SOME GARDENING MYSELF, WOULD BE MORE FUN AND SAFER IF HAD COMPANY.  ANYONE INTERESTED?

Re: GUERILLA GARDENING EDINBURGH
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »
Hi Joan

Meet your West Coast equivalant.Im just outside Glasgow in that sleepy wee town called Paisley............................and if ever a spot of Guerrilla Grdening was required , its here.Like you I seem to be almost flying solo at the moment ,which is quite daunting. However I live in hope. So all you potential green fingered ones PLEASE get in touch .We  need you!!

Cheers
Indy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 12:38:16 PM »
Hey Joan

Im with you and theres a load of herbal medicine students from Napier University that would be up for a spot of GG. Id love to plan it so that we have everything ready to really do up an area. Also interested in making any area sustainable by using native local plants that can look after themselves once we're gone.

Call me on 07717793347 Dano or look me up from my website ww.herbaculture.co.uk

Catch up with you soon

dano

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:41:52 AM »
I was in Edinburgh for a wedding last weekend and spotted a city centre patch greatly in need of some guerrilla action.  It's at the junction of the West Approach Road behind the Sheraton hotel and is mostly bare earth, litter and rubble covering a prominent patch at the start of the dreary inner ring road.  It is easily accessible and I encourage any locals to get stuck in, perhaps some wild seed scattering when the weather warms up at the very least or perhaps something more ambitious!  I attach two photos.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »
Hi Joan
Live in Nairn but work in Edi Mon to Fri - happy to get my hands dirty Mon to Thurs nights.... there's a small patch of land near me on Glenogle Road that's really scruffy.... mind you I bet the wildlife love it - but it is a real eyesore. My Mob is 07974 717893

Hope to hear from you ..... Jo

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »
Myself and at least another 1 or 2 (if not more) people could help out anywhere in the city centre as well so just give me a shout if we're required!

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »
Hello Joan and other Guerillas!
I have noticed that the large shabby old wooden square planters in Dalry Place (between the Haymarket Colonies streets, where the locals sit and drink beer on sunny days on the benches there) are sadly in need of weeding and some tlc.  Bits of litter accumulate in them as they are unloved.  I tried to find out who was responsible for them before I stepped on toes and weeded them, but the Council never came back.......Should I just have a go at weeding them and risk the wrath of some local community group being upset?????  Like you I am not all that confident about doing it on my own, but I will if no-one else does!  They would look great planted up with a riot of daffodils in spring and perhaps some hardy geraniums for the summer......

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »
Hi...Not sure if you have read my new topic but we are trying to get something going in Central Scotland...

Cheers

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »
Am in Aberdeen at the moment, but with megabus, I can easily go down and join you guys if you do some gardening on thursday-friday-saturday nights. Please (please please!) tell me if you plan something, I would LOVE to join

my email: gwenaelle 147 @ yahoo . ca

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »
Hi There!

We're starting an Edinburgh GG group! We've got a great crowd of people and are meeting at 5pm on monday 14th Jan upstairs in the action room at the Forest cafe (Bristo Place).
Come along! It's going to be amazing!!

Rosy xx

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:05:38 AM »
hello rosy

i've just read your message. did you meet at the forest on monday?
does the group have anything planned?

fizz : )

Hi There!

We're starting an Edinburgh GG group! We've got a great crowd of people and are meeting at 5pm on monday 14th Jan upstairs in the action room at the Forest cafe (Bristo Place).
Come along! It's going to be amazing!!

Rosy xx

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
Hello,

I'd love to meet up with you and do some GGing after Beltane.

Please let me know when you're meeting next.

Thanks!

Anna
anna.barge@gmail.com

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »
Hi,

I'm definitely up for some GG in Edinburgh, if someone has taken on the organisation mantle please get in touch!

devon.walshe@gmail.com

Best wishes all,

Devon

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 12:47:44 PM »
Hi,

I've just heard about GG and would love to join a group in Edinburgh - if there is one!
It seems like there are several people in the area looking at the posts above, is anything happening?

I live in in the Haymarket area and am happy to meet up with others at relatively short notice - I generally check my email quite frequently.

Hope to try out some GG soon!

Flora

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 12:27:29 AM »
Hello,

Don't really know anything about gardening, but eager to learn. If a group is active please contact me at studmct@gmail.com. If no group seems to have started contact me and i'll try to arrange something.

Happy gardening.

Stu.

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Same here!
If anyone has any dig going, please let me know.
Cheers.

Daniela

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »
Me too, definitely up for getting involved.
Caroline

jemma.neville

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »
What's the latest with Edinburgh Guerilla Gardening?
There is a group of us in Leith (www.themanifesto.co.uk) that are very keen to continue the momentum. We would rather link up with other gardeners in the area than duplicate existing efforts. Is there a contact database or a coordinator? Any tips for getting things off to a good start - suppliers/ tools/ communication

Please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Jemma

jemma.neville@gmail.com

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 01:36:31 PM »
Hi Joan

In Edinburgh and ;like you kready for some gardening. please contact

warm regards

Stevie

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »
Hi, I have some gardening experience and would be very willing to help with any GG projects in Edinburgh.  I work nr Nicolson Street but live in Portobello but will gladly travel.  A bit confused by post about meeting at Forest - was that the correct date in January or a typo/mistake?

Cheers

Lucy

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
Hi,

Sorry should have given my contact details - lucybug65@hotmail.com or mob 07843243794.  Please get in touch if there's anything I can do to help out.

Cheers

Lucy

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Count me in, esp. Tues/Thurs nights. Resident in city centre but have bike will travel!
07786887639, jamiethered[at]googlemail.com
J

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »
Hello,

I'd really love to help out if anything is happening. just let me know at kaydeeme@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers!

K.

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 07:22:38 PM »
Hi everyone,
i've an ad on gumtree re: gg in edinburgh and had a few replies including stv asking if they could do a feature. gg is very popular!

then i fund out about this website and would like to know if there is already a group in edinburgh or if there was anyone else who would like to join in.

we will probably meet up for the first time next week or the week after. if anyone is interested, please send me an email carrotsandbeetroots@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »
Hi there,

I'd like to meet other guerilla gardeners in Edinburgh.  Do count me in if there's a group forming. 

Jo
0131-229 3175

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »
Klondyke Garden Centre on Mortonhall Gate (bus 11) is selling bags of daffodil bulbs at 50p reduced from ?5.99 or so.   They are sprouting in the bag and if planted now will flower this year though not brilliantly,  but will be good for future years.

Is anyone free this Sunday to plant some somewhere with me?

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
Transition Edinburgh South has got a thriving guerrilla gardening group with two main projects at the moment and several smaller ones.  We're always on the lookout for plots  with potential.
If you'd like to join us we usually meet at 2pm on Saturdays on Marchmont Crescent by the police box opposite Scotmid.
Do get in touch if you're interested or come along on spec.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
hay, i am new to this and quite keen to get involved, is there anything going on in edinburgh?

cheers

sam

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
Hi Sammycinnamon,

I know two groups of guerrilla gardeners in Edinburgh:

Transition Edinburgh South's: http://www.transitionedinburghsouth.org.uk/   and

Edinburgh Community Gardener Activists : http://www.ecga.blogspot.com/

Some people from each group are getting together this Saturday 25th July at the Compassionate Living Fayre at the Augustine Church on GeorgeIV Bridge to have a stall making seed bombs and talking about guerrilla gardening.  10.30am to 4pm ( Ithink)

Do come along if you're free and meet us!
Thea