New on here, anyone alive in Exeter?

• 8 replies
New on here, anyone alive in Exeter?
« on: October 17, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
Think a new hobby is on the cards for me... Anyone active in Exeter at the moment?

I have a particular interest in becoming a vigilante planter of heritage apple and pear trees  :P

Re: New on here, anyone alive in Exeter?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 01:40:05 PM »
Hi, I'm near Cullompton but willing to travel!  We used to have a reasonably active group in  Leicester,  but I haven't been able to GG since we relocated back to Devon. Have you had any luck getting anything started?

dannyindevon

• Making the planet prettier one seed bomb at a time
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:05:41 PM »
I'm just outside Crediton. Been talking to a few interested people about planting up fruit trees, particularly apples, in Exeter.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
Hi, we're near Cullompton.  Fruit trees sounds like an interesting idea. Do you have any specific places in mind in Exeter?

dannyindevon

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 06:58:07 PM »
I'm going in tomorrow to have a look around for any land that looks orphaned. Keeping an eye on the local garden centres, orchards and recycling centres. They sometimes put free plants and planters out and I've cleared my back garden to use as a nursery 🤘

dannyindevon

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 08:39:45 PM »
I'm looking into rootstocks and grafting too. Don't want to go planting up something I won't be able to prune properly/liable to get cut down.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »
That all sounds really good! I am not so good at grafting - I managed to cut myself quite badly the last time I tried!  :-[

dannyindevon

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
Not had a lot of time today but there lots of tree pits in the city centre that could do with tarting up. Going to need to whip up a map. Exeter generally looks pretty well maintained tbh. Not found any fruit trees yet.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 08:19:10 PM »
Hi, I'm near Cullompton but willing to travel!  We used to have a reasonably active group in  Leicester,  but I haven't been able to GG since we relocated back to Devon. Have you had any luck getting anything started?

Hello! No I haven't started anything yet, although I have been getting gardening tools and bits and bobs together. Waiting until spring really but got my eyes on a few spots around me in Exeter.
Danny is my work colleague, we've been recently talking about Guerrilla gardening at work without realising we're both on here haha!