Lets get our guerrilla on

• 11 replies
Lets get our guerrilla on
« on: April 29, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
Lets get this party started, it would be fabalicious if we could get involved with the mayday sunflower seed planting as a way to launch guerrilla gardening to the nottingham massive. Email me beki_boo65@hotmail.com if you fancy doing it. x

Re: Lets get our guerrilla on
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:18:35 PM »
Good news!

There will be a guerilla-gardening action happening on Monday 7th May,
as part of Nottingham's Asbo Centre's Mayday Meltdown.

The Asbo is a squatted residence and community space in the Arboretum/Radford area.

The event is to raise funds for the centre, and for the Pedal Powered Clowns, who will soon set off on a fossil-fuel free tour of Europe and the occupied territories of Palestine, to share their clowning theatrics, ideas and solidarity..

The exciting GG workshop will involve making seed bombs, before drying and finally distributing later in the day, on a colourful procession of subversity, diversity and celebration - promoting greeness and community in the local area.

Come along, it will be most disorganised, any 'budding' guerilla gardeners must come!
And bring some seeds!  :)

George

irisisaflower@gmail.com

What time?!

>>We'll set up with ingredients and stuff from around 11:30am, and it get's going when people show up.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:34 PM »
Wicked, nice one George I'll see you there! Looking forward to it. I'll tell anyone who'll listen! x

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »
Boo! So who's still up for a bash?

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:47:37 AM »
Eyoop!
I'm over in Derby so can easily get to Nottingham. My gardening no-how is sadly non-existant but am really into getting into the whole melarky so yea lets get a meet sorted!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
I'm in Nottingham  and I'd LOVE to be involved with this. Anyone have any plans or ideas?

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've just discovered the concept of guerilla gardening and would love to get involved with something locally. I live in Attenborough, near Beeston.

I also know a couple of people who may well be interested to join in too.

I don't have the mental space currently to think up something, but would gladly support and/or contribute to someone else's ideas...

Let me know...
Jet

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »
Hi guys, new to GG but not new to gardening, always keen on getting hold of plants, cuttings, seeds etc. and doin' something 'useful' with them...
GG seemed the perfect answer.. anyhow, nuff of statin' the obvious. I'm 53, (non car owning) cyclist with trailer and NG2 postcode. keep me in the loop..

Pete
gillpauk@googlemail.com

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »
Hi Folks,
Just joined with a site in mind. It's not exactly orphan, but it might as well be.....
Anyone up for seedbombing the site in Beeston where Tesco has torn down the buildings and left the land for several years?
They claim they'll start building soon, but plan to 'resubmit their plans' which will give them another few years before they have to start - and who's going to build a new supermarket in a recession?
I reckon our seeds would have a good chance of remaining undisturbed to flower.
Mae

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
Anyone in Newark area??? Lots of little orphaned bits of land around here. Please, get in touch. Lets meet for gardening action and cup of flask-tea.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I'm fairly new to gardening, vegetable gardening specifically, but I'm very keen to lend a hand on any seedbombing projects people have planned. I'll keep my eyes open for potential sites. I often think that long sections of the canal side could do with some prettier flowers.

Also there is a small, raised, round bit of ground right in the middle of town (by marks and spencers near broadmarsh) that has grass and some trees but if we put daffodils in now they'll look lovely in spring.

If anyone can find a good site for vegetable guerrillism as well I'm always keen.

Nero

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 01:20:18 AM »
I'm totally new to gardening. But after reading Richard Reynolds on Guerrilla Gardening am really up or it. I noticed a couple of tree planters opposite Yo Sushi covered in cigarette butts. Was just wondering is it too late to start planting bulbs now and any ideas on the sort of bulbs that would be suitable for such a planter.

If anyone is up or it I'll be starting this weekend if pragmatic so please let me know if it's possible and if anyone is interested.