Cohan Community Garden

• 1 replies
Cohan Community Garden
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »
We have been actively gardening a patch in Fox Point next to the highway.  Get in touch if you would like to join us, we are also planning to spread massive amounts of sunflowers this year, all over the fine city of Providence. 
   Tally ho!  Going to dig out some compost now and put in some black-eyed susans. 

Re: Cohan Community Garden
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:51:13 AM »
Sadly, Cohan Community Garden was destroyed by giant machinery over the invading alien group "Cardi Corp."  They did not find it necessary to mow the grass trip once in the entire time I have lived here, but then came and actually removed all the soil entirely, and shipped it off in a huge dumptruck.  I was gone that morning- and returned to a thick film of toxic green foam. 
  The day before last, I confronted the RIDOT humanoid spokesman "Servo" who was at the neighborhood association meeting again explaining how they will be planting trees in that area... I shared the fact I had planted about a half dozen trees which were living very happily there before the earthrapers came along.  I briefly mentioned the 20+ varieites of perennials, veggies, and flowers we had going. 
  Check out this vid- for a few pictures and telling the tale--- http://www.youtube.com/user/FertileUnderground?feature=mhsn#p/c/A48D6EC9DA3BCA5E/1/_YebZEjoXl4

I used some of the city's free compost to GG in front of the Tockwotton old folks home.  I added some ivy transplanted from my house, and also some onion grass and a little comfrey root.  I put it in a very bare looking tree hole in the sidewalk.  Now they've come and added that red mulch, and thoughtfully spread it around the ivy and grass, and the comfrey's showing it's head, how nice! 
  I scattered hundreds of sunflower seeds in the strip there.  I havent seen them coming yet.  We'll have to do it again.  Please do be in touch-- RI, Providence, we are always active, and ready to share our seeds.   -- Fertileunderground@gmail.com . 
  Happy gardens and flowers!