calling west london guerillas...

• 5 replies
calling west london guerillas...
« on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
Hi, am newly aboard and looking for co-conspirators in the Acton/Chiswick area. I have been doing a bit over the last couple of years, but it would be great to get more people on board. I'm planning a bulb planting day soon, which has started to become a bit of an annual event, with the help of local rangers and residents (maybe not clandestine enough for fellow guerillas?). But would anyone else like to come along? Likely dates are October 12/18 tbc... will post more nearer the time. But I have also got my eye on other bits of barren ground that need attention... and would be interested in other projects. Mill

Re: calling west london guerillas...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »
How about taking over the "wild flower meadow" at the Oaks. Nicely fenced now but needs cultivating.
Needs more than bulbs - it has those.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
It definitely needs some guerilla attention - not sure who's supposed to be looking after it the moment but previous suggestions got lost in residents' committee hell. Do you have any ideas about what would work there?

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
Come and plant spring bulbs and other plants in St. Mary's Burial Ground on Saturday October 18th... bring some bulbs. Daffs/tulips/alliums would be great.  Hope to see you there.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 02:09:57 PM »
Centrepoint Ealing Hostel is for young homeless people many of which are refugees from oppression from other countries but also from vulnerable young people in the Ealing area. The hostel is in Northolt

We are in desperate need for volunteers to help us organise our food growing plot at the back of the hostel.

Can anyone who is willing to help please contact me
David Nissen - DNissen@centrepoint.org

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »
There are two raised beds at the walkway where Goldsmith Avenue meets Goldsmith Road in Acton W3. They were built to deter dumping and have been quite successful at that  - but the lady who looked after them has fled back to Canada and the deal was, when they were built,  that the council wouldn't be maintaining them.

Now they are rather sad and overgrown and I am a rubbish garndener - have cleared a bit and planted some snapdragons - cos that's what I had.

Prime site for guerrilla gardeners though and might be quite fulfilling to cherish.