Taking back the City

• 7 replies
Taking back the City
« on: August 10, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »
We have a lot of city owned neglected space since Katrina and a growing season that is nearly year round.  If you are interested in joining me on my digs email me or post here and I'll contact you!  Everyone is welcome.  If you have a dig you'd like help on let me know.

Re: Taking back the City
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »
Hi!  I am far from a gardener, but I am intrigued by this and could be interested in participating.  What areas do you have in mind?  I think I could also recruit my husband. :)

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »
Check out the corner of Lowerline and Cohn, across from Roman's Pizza.  That's my little experiment garden.  I think if a few guerrilla gardeners took a plot around the cemetery we could make a big impact.

AWD

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:00:43 AM »
I'm down :D

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:55:17 AM »
I would be totally down.  I just moved to the area after being involved in several community urban gardens in Kansas City and would love to help out!  I'm so excited about how long the growing season is here!!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:29:35 PM »
I would enjoy to help you fine gardeners but I'm afraid I won't be in New Orleans until January this year. However, if you are still gardening then you can count on having another person to help.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »
Hey, I'm interested in joining!  I've been practicing in my backyard, but I need to branch out.  Let me know when and where I should come out.

Cheers

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 03:15:32 AM »
Hey, I am trying to start a guerrilla garden in the vacant lot across from my house.  I would be willing to help out on any other plans.  The city is a garden.