New to Guerrilla Gardening

• 5 replies
New to Guerrilla Gardening
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:12:50 AM »
I'm just starting to guerrilla garden in Madison, and am interested in seeing what other people have done here.  If anybody has done any plantings or even seed bombings, where are they located?

Re: New to Guerrilla Gardening
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:58:01 PM »
Wow. That's a really old post. But I am definitely interested!!

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
I'm interested in what's going on 'round here, if there nothing lets get something going.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:26 PM »
I'm on board if anything gets going.  State street has tons of empty planters.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 05:16:53 PM »
I live in Madison and want to know who owns the strip of land on University, between the road and the parking lot behind King of Falafel.  It is a great space to garden, lots of light, though it does suffer from being on the walking path of drunk students.  I wonder if guerrilla gardening is best for this spot or if the owner would let us put in raised beds and paths...let me know if you know anything.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »
Usually this site: http://www.cityofmadison.com/assessor/property/ is a good starting place to always look before you garden.

In this case it is not so helpful... So, I recommend contacting the city planners office. If you search hard and can't find any one, you should organize something, and post it up here. Raised garden beds would do great there.