Garden bushes up for grabs Blackheath SE3

• 5 replies
Garden bushes up for grabs Blackheath SE3
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
Hi

Sadly our three front garden bushes had to be dug up as they have outgrown our small front garden. They are still there, free to a good home/site/park/landscape, does anyone want to come and pick them up? You will need a car.

Please call or text me 0776 158 2228.

Thank you in advance if you can save these plant lives!

Caterina

lw828

Re: Garden bushes up for grabs Blackheath SE3
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »
Hi

what type of bush are they please?
and how big are they

Thanks

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 04:10:43 PM »
They are fairly big ( 1 m diameter at the crown appx.). Now all three out of the earth, with some of the roots in buckets of water to keep them alive as long as possible.

I don't know the exact type of bush, one is a sort of hybrid of hazel (but does not fruit), another the leaves look a bit like hawthorn - but it is not a real hawthorn, although it produces beautiful little white flowers, this one must be some sort of hybrid/mix with some hawthorn in its genes. The third is just a leafy bush, with green leaves - no idea of its name.

Please let me know if interested. These plants need a home urgently if they are to survive. Thank you.

Caterina

lw828

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
Sounds perfect

as I do not have transport I will ask a neighbour tonight and e mail you in the morning

we are in Peckham so not too far from you

Thanks

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »
Brilliant! Best to text or call me though as I am not likely to go on computer tomorrow (my birthday, so no work online!  :D). My mobile, again, is 0776 158 2228.

I don't need to be in the house for you to pick up as the bushes are in the front garden, we don't even have a gate, so you can really come over at any time that suits you (although it would be great to say hi and thank you for saving the plants that have adorned our garden for over 20 years!).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Caterina

lw828

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:26:19 PM »
Hi

sent you a text earlier we can come and collect either Friday or Saturday which ever suits you