Tulsa, OK

• 7 replies
Tulsa, OK
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
Anyone in the Tulsa, OK area want to start up a chapter with me?

Re: Tulsa, OK
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
I'm in okc but i think we can look at tryin to work something out.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »
 Im in th OKC area as well, but we should get an Oklahoma community going in general.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »
I've got a small group here in Tulsa interested. E-mail me at caseface31 at yahoo dot  com if you are interested.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
I'm in Oklahoma City and just joined.  We have "legal" projects underway and planned at Lake Hefner throught the Audubon Society of Central Oklahoma and the Friends of Lake Hefner but the legal route is very unsatisfying.  Too much oversight, too many people wondering what is in it for them.  Besides, the FBI chief said that ecoterrorism is the most dangerous thing facing America today and I'd kind of like to be a part of that.  If surreptitiously planting a few flowers on public land makes me public enemy number one then so be it!  :^)

I personally favor fruit and nut trees and I like the idea of the wildflower bombs.  Years ago after driving through central Texas and seeing all of the wildflowers there because of the efforts of Ladybird Johnson, I thought about building a wildflower mortar for my car so I could seed while I drive.  I just hadn't followed up and devised the projectile yet.  Imagine potato cannon wars using wildflower bombs...battlefields littered with beautiful flowers; food for butterflies, bees and birds.  A little bright spot amid the current doom and gloom.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 04:26:13 AM »
hey there, i am new to the rules of engagement here but implementing gardens is an old thing to me.  is there a chapter in OKC that is already up and running?

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
I would be interested in gardening the Tulsa area. I live in Skiatook but work in Tulsa. I have 2 girls 9 and 11 who would like to help too.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
I'm in Enid. Can't get over to Tulsa generally, but I am in OKC sometimes and would love to help out there, or even start something up here.