Norfolk waste lands

• 7 replies

maz

Norfolk waste lands
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:56:53 AM »
Although I have planted the odd seed on my travels in the past I am now quite unable to as I do not get out travelling as much now. There are lots of places in Norfolk that would benefit from plantings or just general tidying up like grass verges on the roadside and general overgrown/rubbishy areas in the housing estates in towns and cities all over Norfolk. Does anyone want to try to beautify Norfolk.

:D

Re: Norfolk waste lands
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
I would love to help make Norfolk beautiful. Im based in Norwich.
Joe

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:55:52 AM »
Hi,

Just joined and would like to be involved with improving parts of Norwich (and Norfolk).

I'm based in Norwich and can get pretty much anywhere in the city, but to get out into wider Norfolk I'm reliant on public transport.

Let me know if there are any plans - I'll keep you posted if I see something I think we can do something about.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
hi ya, two of us have begun a gg project in a couple of areas around dereham rd in norwich...digging seedbeds and sowing (california poppies, sunflowers, lupins...) , plus planting a few plants that were getting chucked out..
 this week i've bought 10 very small rosemary plants, and the plan is to plant them and sow annuals between them whilst they are growing. if anyone wants to help...? we've been working about 6am on a sunday, i know this is a funny time, but we work in the week, and the community police officers are very active any later in the day.... if you're still interested get in touch,
goblinmermaid@hotmail.com

lorna x

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »
I would be keen to help, i live in south norfolk pretty close to the suffok border but come into Norwich a lot. Let me know if you have any plans for anything any time soon and i'll be more than happy to pitch in.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »
Hi there,

Am also keen, are you guys still active in Norwich/Norfolk?

Jonno

jlsinden@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »
Is this group still going?  ;D

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Hello folks,
No idea if this group is still going but there's something stirring in the King St area of Norwich, near the river and certainly an unreconstructed wasteland in places! Anyone wanting to meet up and have a look at the potential, get back in touch!
Natty