San Diego/ Orange County

• 29 replies
San Diego/ Orange County
« on: February 25, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
Hello I have just discovered Guerrilla gardening and I was wondering if anyone in the San Diego or Orange County area is interested in starting a local group where we can chat, give tips and do what we do best... garden!

Re: San Diego/ Orange County
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »
I am on the Los Angeles/O.C. border so North O.C. would work for me.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
East Hollywood either June 13 or 14.  Check out the LA page.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
I would also like to start a Orange County group.  I've asked David Tracey to separate the San Diego and Orange County group into two.  This will make it easier to recruit and promote guerrilla gardening in both OC and San Diego.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »
I'm in Mid OC and would be interested in working with an OC group.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »
I'm also mid-OC so please count me in as well.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
I live in Oceanside and would be interested.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 01:17:11 AM »
im not a leadership type, so i wouldnt be any good at helping w/ the organizing of the group, but i would definitely like to be involved in it.

and i dont know much of anything about gardening either. but i do like nature, and i do like the idea a lot. i just need to learn.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »
Hey I will be in Downtown San Diego for a four days in late July I'd love to start something...but, I would need others in that area to maintain...so anyone interested??? There are quite a few areas down there east of the Convention center that are in major need...greenhaus
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:01:55 PM by Greenhaus »

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
I'm in Santa Ana. Anyone around here?

delilah

• slow food nation 2008: victory garden
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:33 AM »
i am in santa ana, we just had a lecture today at my store on growing your own food and composting and were talking about doing something like this!

if anyone is interested in the OC/SD area, our store in right off the 5 for a meeting.

www.roadlesstraveledstore.com

lets do it!

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »
 I'm in Encinitas and there's a big ol' vacant "Park" just begging for some GG action. Anyone?

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 04:14:11 PM »
Temecula area here.

On the Eastern border of OC, and Southern/Northern borders of SD and Riverside.

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 11:11:49 PM »
Fullerton area. I would definitely join the OC group. 

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »
Hello..I'm in South Orange County and would like to meet up with others in this area.  There are a lot of vacant lots in neighborhoods that are unsightly.   Would anyone like to start a group in this area?

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 04:16:14 AM »
I'm in Irvine and would love to join an O.C. group.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »
I am in south Orange County and am very interested in joining a group.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 05:25:29 PM »
We are a landscape architecture firm in San Diego and we are interested in starting a GG group.  We have already beautified the on-ramp just off Interstate 5 and grape st (located in Little Italy) and want to do more.  Where do we go from here? 

www.environs.us
Thanks,

Beth

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 03:43:29 AM »
Hey Beth,
I checked out your freeway garden. Looks great!! In a few years and it will fill in and (I think) it will look even better - but it will kind of loose the nice clean lines.
I would love to work with your firm on a guerrilla gardening project. I also have installed an agave garden as well as many other succulent guerrilla gardens in LA county. Here's a link to a page on my web site of a rain water only - I like to call "waterless" (or water less), mainly agave guerilla garden.
 http://socalguerrillagardening.org/?page_id=58
Let's get together and do a project.
Scott
AKA bulbil321
http://socalguerrillagardening.org/
Email me at bulbil321@socalguerrillagardening.org
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:12:30 AM by bulbil321 »

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 03:37:24 AM »
Anyone in Encinitas?
I would love to get a GG group started!

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:54 PM »
hmm even though some of the posts are old about GG community in San Diego...
Is there one in San Diego? Because I too would like to start.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
Hello everyone *

I just joined and was wanting to get started...anyone have a group started for the south OC/ San Diego area?
If not lets get one started....

i see from the other posts that swallowtail and sam winter are also in my area....did you guys find anything??

Thanks & take care

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
I live in Oceanside and would be interested.

Hello * just wondering if you have started anything??

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 06:56:30 AM »
I was wondering if there's anything happening in SD area?

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
That would be splendid. Thanks for the idea.

I'm in..

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:50:30 PM by JordanRHughes »

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »
That would be splendid. Thanks for the idea.
I'm in..
Cheers.
Count me in too!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:04:23 PM by sayuri »
Peace,
Sayuri W.

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Hey all,

It's kinda funny how things go in cycles. My grandma used to garden on a plot off of Newport Ave in Tustin. She would bring her watering can and tools religiously until the day she died about 10 years ago. She believed that if the community looked good, it would feel good too. She never asked for anything in return but I guess this is my way of living in her footsteps.

I'm new to the site and just getting my feet wet with the whole guerrilla gardening. I've done a lot in my parents garden and know my way around the local flora.

I'm from San Diego but go to school in Orange, if anyone would like to get together and do some good let me know.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
Hey all,

It's kinda funny how things go in cycles. My grandma used to garden on a plot off of Newport Ave in Tustin. She would bring her watering can and tools religiously until the day she died about 10 years ago. She believed that if the community looked good, it would feel good too. She never asked for anything in return but I guess this is my way of living in her footstep
I'm new to the site and just getting my feet wet with the whole guerrilla gardening. I've done a lot in my parents garden and know my way around the local flora.

I'm from San Diego but go to school in Orange, if anyone would like to get together and do some good let me know.
_________
I am oh too familiar with that area.  I grew up in Tustin and recently moved out of state however I know one day I will return to So Cal.  I truly miss gardening the most and will be in contact when I am in the area in the near future.
_
Peace,
Sayuri W.

Re: San Diego/ Orange County (IT'S HAPPENING!)
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 03:44:25 AM »
Hey all,
ok it sounds like there are a lot of us in the OC interested in getting something started. I'm not really garden educated enough to lead a group, but I will organize us if need be! Let's at least get together some time in March, how about near the middle, in mid or southern OC (so the SD peeps can come too) and discuss where and how we'd like to get started and begin to strategize. Everyone please indicate when would work for them. A Starbucks will probably be the preliminary meet-up locale unless we agree that we'd rather meet somewhere else.

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »