Active GG in Melbourne!

• 21 replies
Active GG in Melbourne!
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
Hey to all you gardeners out there in Melbourne and around the world :)

I'm currently managing several urban landscaping missions around North and West melbourne, some are complete and I'm just waiting on the right moment to do a few others.. if anyone would like to come along one night, you're more than welcome.. I generally use propagated conifers, wattles, myrtles, and plenty of flowers! I do most of my own propagation on my 4 x 2 balcony! heh

anyway, hope this picks up in Melbourne cos its a brilliant idea!! ;D

Re: Active GG in Melbourne!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
new in melbourne... want to green it up! let me know where and when.

peace and love,

lucas
libertasguluc@hotmail.com 8)

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:08:31 AM »
Would absolutely love to help with gardening!  Are you still planting?  I live westside of melbourne.
Love to know if you still need help!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
Hi, i'm based in South Melbourne and am interested in: supporting avifauna, adding O2, carbon fixing, changing 'nature-strips' from horizontal ground green to 3D aerial....... and having fun. I am planning to create native plots, food/medicine plots, and solitary tree plantings. Thinking of: Allocasuarina's, Callistemons, Tristanias, Acacias, Lemon trees, Cherry Guava, Aloe, mugwort, saltbush. It'd be good planting now with all this rain, but I haven't done any planning or preparation yet. I am ready, willing and able to help other nearby projects. Get in touch.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:51:20 AM »
Hey all!

I am super keen for some GG missions in Melbourne...I live in Carlton North, but only have my trusty bicycle, so someone with some wheels of the automobile kind would be good to cart compost etc.
I am currenlty propogating wattle and euclyptus seeds (spelling!?) in my backyard so would love to go on a mission to plant them somewhere whne they are a little bigger and stronger!  I also have marigold seeds :-* :-* and about 8 baby tomato plants but don't know if they'll survive without regular attention. 
Also if no one has started a GG facebook page for Melbourne, I would be more than happy to set one up!

Peace
Helen

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
Hi Helen,

I was wondering what sort of gum trees you are propagating and how many you are growing?

I am from the Eastern suburbs and looking for native gums for an urban carbon sink planting..

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:50:41 AM »
Where abouts in the Eastern Suburbs, I am interested in getting involved, but I don't think I could run a garden myself.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:33 AM »
hey guys im in the eastern suburbs too. im completely new to GG but  i am keen to give it a shot. if there is anything in the lwr plenty/montmorency/eltham area i would be keen to get something going. please let me know if anyone is interested in this area.

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »
Eastern Melb too.  Anyone know how mugwort (some mentioned it) grows around here?  I have a tonne of it.
Also where can I get some Acacias?

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »
HOWDY!! i saw this on tv and thought it was coolest idea ever.  except of course for that awesome slicing of bread thing.  i live in flemington and have no garden of my own so would simply love to help out on missions.  i have gloves, secateurs, miracle gro and an active imagination.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 02:17:52 AM »
hey i live in fitzroy and would love to join in and beautify marvellous melbourne.. i don't know much about gardening but i have time and money (and a car) and want to do my bit

nick_sifniotis@hotmail.com

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 06:16:27 AM »
Sunshine station (Sydenham line) is a major hub but the areas around it (outside the station on Public space) are just dead and barren land.. d'you reckon we could help liven it up?? It just looks like a delicious GG spot... many spots actually!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »
hey

i don't know where to start and would be interested. living inner east and have car and a bit of time.... where do i go and who needs another pair of hands?

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »
Good we have nice people but we need to be organised. See what skills we have, places to work, security issues at these places, what we have to plant, ideas on planting for best effect.
Meeting of like minds. I'm in the west but can travel to central location? Lets get a meeting going. Anyone interested?

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
Count me in. Not many plants to contribute right now, as i've only recently started scaling-up my propagation efforts, but I'd be happy to pitch in wherever needed.
Drop me a line: madhatter@operamail.com

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 05:07:49 AM »
Hi GGers,

Live in North Melbourne, very keen to get amongst the action.

I am on bike and can make it where ever.

tom.mccarthy@gmail.com

GW

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 04:05:04 AM »
Yep i'm keen also.  Am in Kensington.  Have still got a few gum tree seedlings that are desperate to be released now that it's a little wetter.

Here's one that i released earlier today outside Melbourne's ulgiest station, South Kensington.  If any of you use this station, give it some water every now and again can you? ;)

gavwaano@gmail.com

Flo

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 02:05:34 AM »
Hi
I study Design at RMIT and I am doing research for a design project on GG in Melbourne. I am based in Fitzroy and was wandering if anyone could show me som GG here and would be willing to be interviewed? Contact Flo on 0431 048 108.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
Hello,

I'm living in the Parkville/Brunswick area and would love to help out! Let me know if you ever need another pair of hands! 

Cheers,

Lotta

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »
Hi there Melbourne GGs

I noticed that this group is not very active on the noticeboard but trust you are more active on the ground. Just thought I'd say Hi, and introduce myself as an aspiring Guerrilla Gardener in the inner South East around the Carnegie-Murrumbeena area. I've got some baby fig trees and other edible plants happening in my own back yard that need some more space, so I'm going to plant a few in neglected sunny spots in local parks.

I'm also keen to be of assistance on bigger projects around town if extra hands are needed.

Cheers
Penny Fay

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:09 AM »
Ahh yeee, would love to get in on the guerrilla gardening front!!im over here from london where i did bit and bobs of gg and wanna get inn on the melbourne scene so let me know when and where its happening?! cheers

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »
Hey, I just moved to melbourne at the start of the year and would love to get involved in some gardening action!

Let me know if there's any planting going on and when and where!

wise.lucy@gmail.com

would love to hear more!

Lucy