Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:08:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  Los Angeles
| | | | |-+  Gardeners in Long Beach / Lakewood area?
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gardeners in Long Beach / Lakewood area?  (Read 8945 times)
bulbil321
Troop

« on: January 07, 2008, 05:34:45 AM »

Are there any gardeners in the Long Beach / Lakewood / Norwalk area of So. Cal? I have several succulent gardens on "public" land around this area. I've been guerrilla gardening for over 20 years. I'm a "troop" of one and I've always worked solo. But if someone was willing to help plant, take cuttings from existing gardens (for future planting), weed, and general cleanup maybe we could team up. I use mainly Aloes and Agaves in my gardening. I have hundreds of plants to plant and will be propagating more as spring gets closer. I like to work early in the mornings, 6 or 7 done by 8 at the latest. Sundays are best for me, less traffic and no city workers around to ask questions.
Photos of some of my gardens->>http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2538638010102823552OmTfxM?vhost=home-and-garden
bulbil321
email me at: bulbil321@gmail.com

Check out my web site http://socalguerrillagardening.org/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:34:01 AM by bulbil321 » Logged

David
Troop

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:09:30 AM »

Hello bulbil321,

I'm an editor at Sierra Magazine (the publication of the Sierra Club) and I'm writing a story about guerrilla gardening. I came across your impressive plantings and would like to hear more about your actions.

No, you won't be identified in the story unless you wish to be.

I am on a fairly tight deadline, so if you could get back to me Wednesday or Thursday, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

David Ferris
lifestyle.editor@sierraclub.org
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »

I'm dong my first guerrilla garden and would love some advise and/or it'd be great for you to come out for the actually planting.  I'd love to get some of your cuttings to plant in my project.  Please contact me at rud_ken@hotmail.com
maxheadroom
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »

Yeah I just read the times article -- haven't gardened in a while but have prior experience (not guerillla style).  I have free time on the weekends and some decent spots for upgrades in my hood.
Amianda
Troop

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »

I'm in downtown Long Beach and would be very interested in helping out with the GG project here.  I live in a condo with no personal gardening space and would love to get my hands dirty and pretty up the city as well.  Not interested much in food gardening, but rather native beautification projects.  I can donate some small amount of money for plants and supplies and time/labor for the actual planting/maintenance, but I do not have a car (though I can sometimes borrow the husband's) so transportation of materials is probably out.

This is an awesome idea and I'm in full support of it. Smiley
Saul Villicana
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

Bulbil321 I would love to get involved with this movement.  Contact me and we can do this.    Grin    saoolv@gmail.com
Ellen Danica
Troop

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »

Another Long Beach area gardener here, interesting in this project.  I am a Horticultural Therapist and realize the many benefits of gardening and beautification.  Looking forward to hearing from this group, my email is:
segetia7@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Ellen Danica
Sneaky Pete
Troop

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »

I have just  became aware of this wonderful idea.  I am just starting in my area and glad to see it can be done by one.  Others can follow but it so nice to see it can be on my time and at my own speed.  Your email was encouraging and nice to know it can be years of enjoyment and impact.
llj71
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »

Hi Scott,

My foot isn't broken anymore and I'm done with physical therapy so I can help out with some GG spots in Long Beach or surrounding areas. It looks like the Westside/Hollywood groups are very active.
girldetective
Troop

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »

Hello all,

I'm also located near downtown Long Beach, and I'd like to expand my container garden (herbs, flowers, and a couple of vegetables) into some neglected areas around my apartment.  I'm eager to help out with other projects, too, of course.

My email is juliaglassman@yahoo.com.  (I'm also emailing a couple of people who've already posted on this board.)

Julie
bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »

00079_JFR
Let's do something in Long Beach. Here's a nice spot. I've plenty of succulents that would be perfect to go along with the drought tolerant plants put in by the city.  I also have plenty of tools so the only things missing are a date and time, and of course you. I'm pretty busy right now but if enough people want to do a dig I'll work with you to fit it into my schedule. Email me for more info.

bulbil321
email: bulbil321@socalguerrillagardening.org
web site:      http://socalguerrillagardening.org/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:29:12 AM by bulbil321 » Logged

cgonzalez
Troop

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »

Hi!

I'm totally new to GG but an avid gardener so I'd love to dig in and get involved in the next project... which seem to be the one in LB - I'm there!  I'm in the Lakewood area.  Please keep me posted!
Oh!-pssums
Troop

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »

I want in, been looking forward to adding some more green to the concrete jungle. I already have some habitat restoration and trail work in the past, so my learning curve should be quick.  Contact me If anything is going down in LA county/Orange county.  The closer to Long Beach the better.

nck_nckrsn@yahoo.com

Juneau7
Troop

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

I'm not sure how many people you are looking to have join your gardening community, but I would love to join you.  I would also like to bring a group of individuals I'm working with who are currently unemployed and looking for volunteer projects.  We have no gardening experience, so we'd just be there to follow direction and do grunt work, if needed.  Let me know if that works for you!
T. Almaraz
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

Hi Bubil!

I just wrote on facebook about my Norwalk gardening fest this year. I have a few areas around Cerritos college.  Smiley
Anytime you need some help!

resalee03@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:59:31 PM by T. Almaraz » Logged

ResaLee
bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 12:58:35 AM »

Norwalk?Huh That's my town! Where about are and your garden?.  I'll try to find your facebook. I thought about doing something at Cerritos Collage a long time ago and now I'm glad I didn't because the last time I was there they were doing construction at the location I was going to garden.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:27:50 PM by bulbil321 » Logged

Jeeeaan
Troop

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »

i haven't planted or done anything with guerrilla before.
but i am from downey, and would love to do seomthing in the longbeach, lakewood area.
Kat Mandu
Troop

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:59 AM »

anyone in long beach doing any fun stuff soon?  i'm a balcony gardener in belmont heights looking for some earth to dig into.
bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:01 AM »

Hi Kat,
I'm thinking about doing a dig next week end (Sunday) in Long Beach. Check out the 2-28 post. I think we might go back to that spot and fill in a bit. Are you avalable?

T. Almaraz
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »

I'm actually under teregamon@hotmail.com at facebook Smiley

ResaLee
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length