North London

• 66 replies
Re: North London
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008, 12:51:17 AM »
I have just started GGing in Finsbury Park, starting with commandeering my landlord's flower bed and moving on to seed bombing ignored land near the park.

Let me know when you're next meeting up; wd love to join forces with like minds, Sean :)

BTW, I have some sweetcorn and giant pumpkin seeds which need to be planted by the month's end, any ideas?

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
heya we will be digging by the canal in camden tonight at 7 (meet up by the inspiral lounge near camden lock at 7) come along and see our burgeoning patch of plants! good to hear about finsbury park.. you need some help on it? (i live near blackstock road)

N7
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »
Hi there,

I am new to the site - and the action - and am just wondering whether activities tend to slow down as the summer slows down? I live in Holloway and there are plenty of places that are screaming for attention. Anyone else around?

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »
Hi

If anyone is interested there is a dig in Camden tonight (Thursday), see the "Possible Camden Site" thread for details.

With regards to times to garden, there are times that are busier than others, basically it is quieter in the winter, but generally there can always be something done.

S.

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
I live in North London, near Finsbury Park.

Would love to help.

Has somone organised a meet?

Hi, which side of FP?

I'm on Brownswood ward side (Hackney) and we could do something here.

Please let me know...

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
heya we will be digging by the canal in camden tonight at 7 (meet up by the inspiral lounge near camden lock at 7) come along and see our burgeoning patch of plants! good to hear about finsbury park.. you need some help on it? (i live near blackstock road)

See my previous post...

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
hello I'm new- anyone active in my area along Essex Road?

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »
Hi , i am in stroud green finsbury park and just become active in the area seed bombing.

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »
Hello - I have recently joined and would be happy to help anyone guerrilla gardening in North London. I live in New Barnet, so Finchley, Haringey, Stoke Newington, Finsbury Park...anything would do!!!
Thanks for letting me know!!! Francesca

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »
I'm in Turnpike Lane/Hornsey and am keen to join - who else is up for it?

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »
I live near Seven Sisters tube (towards Tottenham Hale) and there is an ideal patch of land almost opposite my house. I reckon it might have been a bomb site, as it is at the end of a row of terraces. Amazingly, no one ever seems to dump any rubbish there and the kids don't hang out there. I was just thinking of putting down some herbs as I don't have a garden, but if there are any other locals who would like to get involved, we could make it a pretty good space.

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »
Pari, I live in Stamford Hill. I'd be well up for doing something around Seven Sisters area!

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
Hi Munchy,

I don't know if it's a bit early to start sowing stuff right now and am not sure if I will still be around in early Spring. But if so, let's do it!

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »
To Liz in East Finchley or anyone else in the East Finchley / Finchley / Muswell Hill / Highgate area...

I'm keen to get involved with some guerilla gardening but as I'm new to this I could use some moral support. Is anybody up for getting a group together?

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
I am. In Archway.

I'm completely new to all this but keen to give it a whirl.

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 05:56:16 PM »
Hello,
I am completely new to GG; are there any projects going in North London (preferably Camden, Highgate, Muswell Hill, East Finchley). Please let me know. Nusrat
email: nusratjaan@hotmail.co.uk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:00:02 PM by Nusrat Jaan »

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2009, 10:41:07 PM »
Greetings GG comrades-

there's a group of us in the Green Lanes/ Manor House area looking to start a new community garden on some squatted wasteground. We've found a few spots, one's a plum little area with fences and an open gate that seems to be the result of some oversight by some housing developers. It looks terribly sad at the moment, some knocked down fences, browning fly-tipped christmas trees etc, but it has a few lovely trees and is obviously looking for friends to spruce it up.

Basically this is an open invite for anyone, local or not, to get involved in the spot. We want to create a totally free area for ourselves (we've not got a garden) and the community to grow some veg, relax in the sun, converse with the flowers etc. But as we're all working and have a few other little projects on the go, we're also looking for help in the initial start-up! It's not a massive space, about 20x5 metres I reckon, but it's full of nettles at the moment so if we have a gang to clear the space, put in some beds, fix up the fence and build a bench it'd be done in no time.

We're having an open meeting to discuss things further-
Sunday 3rd May- 3pm

LimaZulu Project Space
Unit 3J
Omega Works
167 Hermitage Rd
Haringey

Please private message me for more information/directions and a contact number, or search 'Winstanley Community Gardens', or pass this on to any local residents who you think might appreciate it. Maybe we could use the gardens as a base for future GG missions!

Cheers

zounds

"Suffering results from constraint. A portion of pure delight, no matter how tiny, will hold it at bay. To work for delight and authentic festivity is barely distinguishable from preparing for a general insurrection"- Raoul Vaneigem