Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2017, 08:27:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Republic of Ireland
| | |-+  Guerilla gardening opportunities
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guerilla gardening opportunities  (Read 1251 times)
donal
Troop

« on: July 08, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »

Hello!

I'm part of a group created at a recent Code For Ireland event looking to empower citizens to support the local enivonment in their area (working project name is "adopt a street").

There is interest in developing a platform to track issues (and opportunities) in the local area. There are already some sites that focus on this but they tend to have a very niche focus). One of the things we considered was highlighting the "guerilla gardening" approach to brightening up public spaces.

Would there be interest in having a website that identified "guerilla gardening" opportunities in the local area for folk? Does such a thing already exist?

In addition would anyone in this community be interested in engaging with local communities to bring them up to speed on what seed mixes are most successful (maybe in conjunction with a local meetup / guerilla gardening activity morning?

Any suggestions or input welcome. Thanks!
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

http://aware.ie

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

Donal,

welcome aboard the good ship guerrilla gardening .org!

There are plenty of views of the RoI page here but few are the log ins and comments such as yours.  Cry

Perhaps you could show them this forum. There is an Ireland Guerrilla Gardening facebook page, but I'm not involved in it.

I like your idea. I do the occasional seed bomb workshop, last Sunday in The Heritage Garden for example and one of the days of the Rose Festival in St. Anne's Park in Dublin. Probably the Saturday. If you want you could send me  PM or come and chat at the festival.

regards,
T.
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

http://aware.ie

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »

Well, Donal,

no PM and a no-show at the Rose Festival...  Undecided
you missed it!  Roll Eyes

At first, it was the usual, 'plough the lone furrow'.  (see what I did there?!!!)  Cheesy

Then there were a couple of victims, er, suckers, er clients.  Though the one on the right didn't look too convinced,eh?

Until they all got a bit of confidence and everyone wanted to have a go!!!  Grin

43
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length