Can you inspire students to become Guerrilla Gardeners?

• 1 replies
Can you inspire students to become Guerrilla Gardeners?
« on: October 05, 2007, 05:00:42 PM »
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any guerilla gardening contacts? I'm trying to arrange a workshop on it at Shared Planet

http://peopleandplanet.org/events/sharedplanet

- People & Planet's annual conference, which is being held in Sheffield this year.  People & Planet is a student led organization that campaigns on environmental and ethical issues.   The conference normally attracts around 800 students and young people.

As part of the conference we always have a range of diverse and exciting workshops taking place, we'd love for Guerrilla Gardening to be one of them. We'd be looking for someone to take a small group of students to do some guerrilla gardening near to (or on) the Sheffield campus for about an hour and a half. Whilst they were doing it they could maybe talk a bit about the ethos behind guerrilla gardening and some guerrilla gardening actions that have happened in the past.

If someone was willing to lead this session that would be fabulous - i'm sure it would inspire loads of students to take guerrilla gardening back to their own campuses and communities.

People & Planet would provide travel expenses to Sheffield and a free ticket to the rest of the conference.

If you can do it or have any suggestions or questions, please email me: cristina.martinez@peopleandplanet.org

Re: Can you inspire students to become Guerrilla Gardeners?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »
if this was still in date i would revel in it! did you get a facilitator in the end? how did it go?

may the mole tunnel through your soul... ~