Art student turned Guerrilla Gardener

• 2 replies
Art student turned Guerrilla Gardener
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:22 PM »
I am a foundation student at Leeds College of Art and am looking into getting involved with some guerrilla gardening as a part of my project on guerrilla advertising. I plan to plant flowers/vegetables in disused plots of land around Leeds, each with one painted leaf displaying my guerrilla gardener tag. Tips on where might be good planting spots would be much appreciated! I will post pictures of my guerrilla activities in the near future.

Re: Art student turned Guerrilla Gardener
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
Hi, I am also an art student and I have been doing a very similar thing. I have been planting fruit/ vegetables/ herbs in Batty Wood in Woodhouse, it's a really good space, the plants won't be ignored either when they grow since loads of people go for walks, runs, walk dogs.. they will be found. I would try in there or a similar space.

Re: Art student turned Guerrilla Gardener
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
That's great, I've finished with that project now but I hope yours goes well! I ended up planting lilies which didn't survive very well, but an interesting thing to look into - you should have a look for the dig for victory campaign during World War II