Welcome to my tropical garden!

• 3 replies

mariate

• Saving our children and forests - papaya tree
    • International Volunteering
Welcome to my tropical garden!
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:25:12 PM »

I am very happy to be part of your group.  I am amazed that people are working on recovering nature in many parts of the world.  We face a big deforestation problem in our tropics in Ecuador.  We are working with children in protecting our forests.  I am eager to learn all you are doing.  We work with international volunteers in education and environment protection, with small, indigenous communities in Ecuador.  We would love to hear about your projects in community gardening so that we can start new projects here in Ecuador.  Mariate. :)
Maria Teresa

Re: Welcome to my tropical garden!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »
hi Mariate

does your project have a website? i'm very interested in such projects in Ecuador. i'd love to know more :]

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »
I'm from Malaysia. Rainforest, tropical climate as well... Now it's really dry and hot, El Nino they say, it's hazy as well...  I'm waiting for the monsoon season to come then when it rains daily, the soil gets really soft and soggy, I'll be bombing papaya seeds along the highways :)

It's good to have a tropical page. there are too many pages on 4 season planting. Doesent help in this country at all.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »
H! How was your project? I love to hear more
from you. I am also from Tropical country.
Any sites? where I can check and read all
information and ideas? Thanks!