Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2017, 05:41:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Slovenia
| | |-+  Maribor, European Capital of Culture 2012
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maribor, European Capital of Culture 2012  (Read 12845 times)
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

http://aware.ie

« on: October 09, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »

Well, never let an opportunity go by to do some guerrilla gardening on your travels, right?

On a cycling infrastructure tour with Josip, featuring Best and Worst Practice here at this junction...

across the road, the city council installed a flower bed to bring car drivers back away fromt he white wall in the background, to give them a wider more  panoramic view of traffic coming up the other street...

But, instead of running the cycle track straight up that street, they turned it in behind the flower bed and behind the waiting cars, alongside the pedestrian crossing.
But, it gives an opportunity to stop and look at the spring flowering bulbs...right?  Wink

should do nicely...

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:24:12 PM by tampopo » Logged
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

My second attack was at the end of Gosposka Ulica.  A kind of double trouble attack.

To explain, a dear friend visited last year and asked why I kept the string onion bags instead of throwing them away. I said, " I can't remember, but I need them for something

Well, now you know, it's to carry a smaller bag of bulbs across Europe to guerrilla garden!
Anyway, I had passed through Graz to get to Maribor and thought of the Pansy Project that Richard had filmed recently. I didn't have enough time to stop off and have a looksee, but bought three pansies here

70c each. Cheap at twice the price.
At the end of Gosposka Ulica. Left to right.
The written off bicycle.US multinational food corp's 50cl cup for watering in,three pansies, trowel, onion bag of bulbs

Closer up, minus the 50cl cup. Kind of tradition, innit?

with the bulbs in first, then the pansies in on top. Was going to ask one of the hosts if there had been any homophobic attacks in Maribor, but didn't get the opportunity. Was otherwise engaged....

There's a big square there, near the Red Bridge, with a statue. And the site is in the distance, at the base of the tree with the brown leaves...I think you can see it. In fact, it's the only tree in the photo...

hopefully someone can photograph the bulbs in the spring time.
t.
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »

Right, there is a wonderful cycle ride from Graz to Maribor, called funnily enough, Grazibor and it's an annual event. And this year, I participated. All 65km of it....aaghhh!! It was lovely, honest. I recommend the schnapps for revitalisation...

Up the junction..

And by Plague Square...

2093
Niloufer
Lead Global Moderator
Troop

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »

Good to see you back. Though you'd abandoned us!!
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »

Good to see you back. Though you'd abandoned us!!

No, no, but the Community Pages in general, feel abandoned. I can only do so much!!! 

Josip from the Maribor Cycling Federation wanted the cycle track to run along this road all the way up,  parallel to the pavement instead of being detoured around the flower beds. As you can see in the following photo, unless it's maintained in winter, it's not practical to do so. And people ignore it...
 Disappointing and a pity. It's a lovely city to cycle around...

2111
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length