moss graffiti ( possible R and D)

• 5 replies
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:11:23 PM »
looking at doing some projects wondering how to avoid spoilage as most recipes i find include dairy ( either yogurt or buttermilk) which turn fast on hot days

Scoresby

Re: moss graffiti ( possible R and D)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
Some recipies use beer instead, but since moss would grow outdoors and in a shady location, dairy products wouldn't be a problem I think? Also, if you start the project in the spring, you'd give the moss time to start growing before those hot days, giving it a better chance of survival.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »
thats about what i was thinking thanks for input!

looks like we are in line for another early and mild spring i will update as to what i find working

tampopo

• http://aware.ie
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say, and Scoresby beat me to it. I thought/think that moss will grow outdoors easily enough, especially in a shady area.  I checked your location when you posted. Wouldn't you get the optimum conditions in spring and 'fall' (autumn !)

please do post photos....

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
will update with progress as it comes ( fotos may be at ( www.facebook.com/artistgrow )

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
i am going to attempt to cover an bike in MossGraffiti and start it indoors, im looking at march or early april to begin

any tips or tricks would be appriciated

(metal old school exercise bike is what im using to hold the mossss)