Gloucestershire / Forest of Dean Eco-village...

• 1 replies
Gloucestershire / Forest of Dean Eco-village...
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
Any one else interested in the Gloucestershire Eco-village- I think the plan is to create a network of guerilla gardens, community gardens, swooped social/living space, to house the villages and host free skillshare events, talks, courses etc...

Get in contact with the group to be involved from the beginning- they need as much help as they can get from the local area, so if you've never been involved with anything like this before, here's your chance. They're friendly and open minded people, looking to network with similar minded people and projects, nationally and locally.

Here's the press release that got me interested....

From the group...

"Anyone interested in being part of a new eco-village, near gloucestershire, from its beginning. This year is the year, the ball is already in motion, get in touch soon!, via email, or relpy on here with your email address...

Mine is admin [at] apokaluptein.org.uk

This is going to happen soon, we've been preparing for it for some time, scouting land and arranging free/ cheap resource sources from the local area.

We have many a cunning plan to ensure the longevity and stability of the project.

We intend to occupy some land, something like a disused farm, or building - in a rural, forested area. Build a series of log cabins, earthships, wigwams, yurts, whatever we want to live in, cook in, relax in.

There will be lots of work, establishing a network of guerrilla gardens, food forests, community gardens etc to feed us and some of the local community- those that wish to be part of the gardening aspects of the project primarily. Eventually educational centers, and skill sharing events will be held on site.

We all know the changes that are necessary. We need to grow plants, not imaginary mounds of fiat debt. Anyone wanting to live differently, to live in a loving, peaceful, respectful community and help to heal the natural world, whilst boycotting big business, politricks, banks and the system of repression and illusion that perpetuates them, should come and be part of this project.

No rules, bar immutable natural law.
No moniez, skills, related experience, political predispositions, or hairstyles required to join.

Food and water will not be a problem, nor will tools really- this said, you'll be more than welcome to bring your own food/tools to use/share, we might not have enough saws to go around- lol.

First stage is a meeting in gloucester, or cheltenham, face to face- get to know each other and talk about the plans, share ideas etc.

Peace and love.
Be brave, make the change- be the change.

Apok

Re: Gloucestershire / Forest of Dean Eco-village...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »
Hello,
I am an aspiring gardener based in Gloucestershire looking for a community project to get involved with. I am aware that this post is a few years old but I would love to get involved with this project or any others that are ongoing.
My email address: lynnbirrell@yahoo.co.uk
Contact number: 07857940224
Please contact me if I can be of any help
Lynn B