Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 01:32:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Rest of World
| | |-+  us army soldier in afghanistan
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: us army soldier in afghanistan  (Read 3300 times)
scottorious
Troop

« on: November 12, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »

hello i was just wondering if anyone had anyadvice for turning the desert into a garden on my little fob in afghanistan.  I am here for a year with the army and wantedto garden in my spare time.  The ground is really rocky and sandy.  I dont have access to anything other than what i have here on the fob.  I have access to all the vegetable scraps from the kitchen if i scrounge for them and was wondering if i could use that to ammend the soil if i compost it.  Just looking for some help thanks
Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »

Well being from Scotland I have no experience of gardening in such conditions! At a guess I'd imagine succulents would do pretty well in those conditions. Though if you are able to enrich the soil and water daily you might be able to try some some other stuff.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but I couldn't leave your post abandoned!
Brussels-farmer
Belgium GGs
Troop

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »

@Scottorious:

Check this site. It might help.
How to grow flowers on a military base in Iraq

If it worked for him. Might work for you.
If you tried anything or achieved anything, keep us updated.
JamesManbyGully
Troop

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »

Google Geoff Lawton, also look at videos on YouTube with him in.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length