Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 05:49:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  Baltimore
| | | |-+  Intereted in GG - contact me
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intereted in GG - contact me  (Read 1686 times)
butterflyjen63
Troop

« on: November 22, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »

Hi,
I work in southeast Baltimore on greening issues - specifically on areas many of the people on this board are interested in.
I can help you find free plants, plant trees in tree pits, help with clean ups, and garden. I am familiar with the program Green Space through Parks and People.
Please contact me for more info!
 Jenny M Cheesy

Jenny M.
Stuart
Troop

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Hi,

And I work just north of Jenny on the east side of Baltimore, but do work throughout the city (mostly the Herring Run and Jones Falls watersheds). I can also help officially on rain gardens, water conservation (rain barrels), invasives, residential veggie gardens, native plants, etc. and outside of work I will hopefully be presenting on GG at the Free School, more of a brainstorm recruiting event. Let me know if you're interested in either.
-Stuart
Captain_Cassava
Troop

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »

Greetings,

We're forming a new GG cell in NE Baltimore.  There are so many vacant lots around. One pretty good sized one in particular, city owned, we have plans on converting into a community garden, subdivided into plots.  It's a fairly ambitious project, but worthwhile in every way.

Demonstrating to the community the importance of a close connection to nature and our food source.  Beautifying a neglected abandoned corner (lots of flowers will also be planted).  In addition to providing an opportunity to neighborhood residents to have recreation & exercise while at the same time gaining access to low costs, naturally raised, fresh fruits and vegetables. 

It's already a well established fact that many in Baltimore's lower income neighborhoods have poor access to fresh fruits and veggies.  Together we can help to change this.

Again, the idea is to start in one area, but gradually spread to others as community and neighborhood support/requests grow.

Who's in?

--CC
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length