LETS PLANT DUDES!!!!

• 8 replies
LETS PLANT DUDES!!!!
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »
Hi i have just joined guerrilla gardening, which i think is a great idea and should prevent me moaning about the county councils!!! (WELL MAY BE NOT).

Anyway it would be cool to do a dig around the leicestershire area!!! anybody else got any ideas ? drop me a line......

in the mean time i am on the search for boring dark spots to brighten up.....

BILLYBONGO

Re: LETS PLANT DUDES!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »
Somewhere around the Highfields area would be cool!

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
Replying to your post a year on!!! LOL!
Not sure if you're still using the site? I'm in lincolnshire (with roots in leicestershire) and have had no joy ,so far, in getting a group together! Bit frustrating really as i'm really up for doing this!
If you are still interested get back to me.

Eukaryote

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »
highfields would be ideal - lots of dull areas...

how many do we have in leicester now...count me in...

let the mole airate your soul ~

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
I've been enticed by the idea from an article a mocking-friend gave me from the Guardian - I think it's a great idea!
I'm a student from east anglia who is going to be in the area for another couple of years (now graduating from Uni of Leicester and then heading on to DMU for my postgrad), so will muck in when I'm here!
Let's spread the word! I know where I could get some interested parties I reckon (as soon as my finals are out of the way!)

Peace out, xx
You know what? You're starting to grow on me kid

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 06:08:23 AM »
2 years and still no project im going on a recon mission to find a run down area in the coalville area, watch this space.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »
Hi, let us know if you find anywhere - or you could join us in Leicester city centre. Hoping to replant our summer bedding with bulbs and perennials.  :)

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29:22 AM »
Good Morning!

Not sure if anyone here is still gardening as a guerilla but if you are I have a brilliant idea. Just up the road from my house, on Fosse Road South, there's a clinic with a patch of grass outside it that needs something a bit brighter in it. The main issue is that it's on the main road and in plain site, with a bus stop on it. To properly do this I was thinking of preparing small bed of plants to get them going, then literally running out and slotting them in behind the bus stop ina quick 5 minute run to avoid detection, thoughts?
Alan Cray loves his garden equipment

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
Hi, our little group hasn't been able to guerilla garden for quite a while now - we were often at the Shakespeare's Head pub for a time, and the regulars used to come out and take quite an interest! I was even allowed to make my own mug of tea behind the bar!!!  ;D

Work commitments have made it tricky, so it's rather fallen by the wayside for now. But I like your plan about Fosse Road South - is it near Westcotes Drive, or is it futher towards Fulhurst? I get my Fosse Rd North, South and Central muddled, even though I lived round there for ages. Anyway, let me know how it goes and when you are thinking of planting. I also have some seed bombs which could do with dispersing!