May 1st, International Sunflower Guerrilla Day

• 56 replies
Re: May 1st, International Sunflower Guerrilla Day
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2020, 06:07:14 PM »
You're right it should take place again in 2020.
The spirit, initiated by the founders of the event in Brussels is to make a plan for your local area, whether local or individual, and share what you're up to by whatever means you like. This is what I described the event as when I last posted an event in 2017... having done my own solo thing the last two years rather than lead a wider encouragement. But will do something for 2020.

GuerrillaGardening.org invites to an annual event of optimistic seed sowing.

People around the northern hemisphere (and sometimes a bit beyond) have been sowing sunflower seeds on or around the 1 May for 11 years now. Let's get out beyond our gardens and plant sunflower seeds in the hope that they will bring beauty and health to our neighbourhoods. 5 mins of sowing, or 5 hours, it's up to you.

Sowing sunflowers is simple. In open ground, ideally not too compacted (loosen with a small hand tool first), plant a single seed about 2cm deep and cover with soil. Water if necessary, but in northern European climates usually the planting is all that's necessary. Suitable locations include the tree pit around a not too shady street tree, an infrequently tended municipal flower bed, pavement verge or nature strip. They have all proved successful over the years.

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »
This is quite an old post! I love finding old posts like these, as the information is always valuable when it comes to trees and gardening.  I am in the tree care business myself. Thanks

Steve from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania

Call us for Tree Service Near Me

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
I'd also like to attend another event like this! Hopefully we can make this work again.

Alex Karpf
Landscaping and Other Assistance

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2020, 05:45:15 AM »
Count me in for an event like this!!  My Landscaping business could really use a shot in the arm with ideas.  Inspiration is the mother of innovation!

Mark Peters
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:36:20 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2020, 04:37:41 AM »
Here is some further info about my landscaping business: 

It's interesting how much information is on this Guerilla Gardening, even info on where to buy certain landscaping items!  I love it.  Thank you guys :bowing:

Mark Peters
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:01:24 PM by Niloufer »

cvecaraelite

• I've always been in love with flowers.
    • Cvecara Elite
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
I'd definitely loveeee to attend!

I hope you guys send me some heads up so I can follow up.

btw, love this thread and people on this forum, so much passion here - Keep it up!!!
---
Gordana
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:50:33 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2020, 10:53:30 PM »
This is quite an old post! I love finding old posts like these, as the information is always valuable when it comes to trees and gardening.  I am in the tree care business myself. Thanks

James from Illinois

tree trimming service Schaumburg IL
tree service Webster Groves