Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 11:23:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Japan
| | |-+  Advice needed in Japan
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice needed in Japan  (Read 5832 times)
Richard _001
Founder
Troop

« on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »

I received this message from Sachiko in Japan:

Dear Richard,

First of all, I would like to say how I admire you for your activity. This is Sachiko who lives in Tokyo and I was always thinking that we need more green in Tokyo and you gave me the super cool idea to break through. I would definitely like to start this gardening but I am a sort of beginner of gardening, so, here is some question I would like to ask you.

Q1: Which season is better to start gardening you think?
Q2: Is there any recommend plant or flower which is quite tough and easy for beginners?
Q3: Have you or have you heard anyone accused by this activity?

In near future I hope I will send you my small work in Tokyo.
Best

Sachiko

Here are my answers:
Q1: Which season is better to start gardening you think?
SPRING TIME (i.e. now!) is best for most plants, scatter some seeds for bright 'annuals' (that is plants which only flower for a year, but tend to be colourful), plant out small seedlings from a shop, or even larger stuff.  You can garden right through the summer adding seeds and new plants, this is the growing season.  Plant bulbs (daffodils, tulips etc) in Autumn and early winter and they will flower in spring.  And plant trees when they are dormant (late autumn and winter).

Q2: Is there any recommend plant or flower which is quite tough and easy for beginners?
I've never been to Japan but assume your horticultural is climatically similar to ours.    Try Coneflowers, Achilea, Nastursiums, Lavender, Poppies.  Cheap easy and attractive.

Q3: Have you or have you heard anyone accused by this activity?
I have never got in trouble.  Those who get in trouble are either very unlucky or have taken on something of such a large scale that it becomes an intrusion to someone else.  Many guerrillas begin illicitly but once they have something beautiful to show for their efforts they let the authorities now about it.  In New York the Green Guerrillas rented the land off the city (for $1 a year!) after about a year of guerrilla gardening.  Here in London a couple of North London guerrillas have come clean with the council and been hugely appreciated.  So far I've kept away from the authorities, but in a couple of cases they approached me and gave me some funds as thanks!  That really was incredible.  Go about it in a common sense way and few will disagree with what you are doing!

All the best.  Let us know how you get on.

Richard

Sachiko
Japan GGs
Troop

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:44:11 AM »

Thank you Richard for your message.
I didn't expect that my message is on community though Grin
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

http://aware.ie

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

Hey  Sachiko,

ommedetto, and yokoso to guerilla gardening.
I for one would be interested to see the results of your work. I hope you show some photos in the future.

tampopo
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:24:13 PM »

Sachiko,

try a book like this one.

Tampopo

* Sachiko 002.jpg (119.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 884 times.)
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 09:42:54 PM »

And then later try this one!!!

T.

* Sachiko 001.jpg (144.54 KB, 640x480 - viewed 795 times.)
Sachiko
Japan GGs
Troop

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:13 AM »

Thanks Tampopo.
I will sarch those books in Amazon then. Grin

Sachiko
beautypd
Troop

รับผลิตครีมมาตรฐานของสำนักงานอาหารแล

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:33:21 AM »

thank you everyone  Cheesy

โรงงานรับผลิตครีม คือกิจการที่ดีและผู้บริโภครุ่นใหม่ที่สนใจห่วงตัวเองลงทุนเป็นจำนวนมาก
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length