Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 03:47:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Israel
| | |-+  Guerilla Gardening Israel
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guerilla Gardening Israel  (Read 3579 times)
Simba
Troop

« on: October 10, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »

Hiya Gardeners,
And greetings from the holy land (or something...)

Guerilla Gardening just recently came to my knowledge, from my sister who's running a permacultural farm in my parents' old farm in Moshav Nahalal, Israel.

I wish to start a group of guerilla gardeners in Israel, and we can do this mainly during the winter as our summer is too dry for anytihng to live without almost daily watering.

Anyways, what do I need to do and how to start?  And if there are other Israelis in here you're welcome to join me, im gonna start on a thin stripe of land just in front of my house in Ramat Ishay, a small town in northern israel.

Thanks ahead,

Simba.
Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »

Hi,
Israel is a little far for me to travel so I'm afraid I can't volunteer! However in my experience the best thing you can do is start it off yourself, it's much easier to attract help when you have something underway. Also make a point of meeting near the site you plan to dig rather than sitting in pubs or cafes to discuss your plans, it's very easy to fall into the trap of talking about your plans rather than take practical action.

Best of luck and please put your updates and photos up in the forum as it's great to draw inspiration from other gardeners.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length