train station plotting?

• 2 replies
train station plotting?
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:05:55 AM »
Hi there guys, new to concept of Guerilla gardening but have wanted to do it for so long.
yesterday a friend & I realised just how gross many train stations are, and we have an idea for filling some of the random spots that have planter-box like areas with soil & seeds.

Can anyone tell me the legalities/problems with/ any tips about 'council' land such as train stations?
I am sick of seeing planter boxes filled up with cigarette butts.... :(

Thanks!

Re: train station plotting?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:37:33 AM »
I think one of the problems is that it would have to be maintained...also, i've noticed plants tend to get ripped out at teh train stations. I think broken window theory might apply, but the problem is so entrenched in many communities, that it would take a whole lotta love over and over to see a change. Perhaps that's why councils don't invest?

Re: train station plotting?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
I've recently done some planting small scale at some train stations which are mostly small inconspicuous succulents in what looks to be a secure place for them. They're still there I hope they survive and there slow growers as well. I'll be doing more work soon but not in a hurry to do that. :)