Delmar Metro Link station (St. Louis, MO)

• 0 replies
Delmar Metro Link station (St. Louis, MO)
« on: July 20, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
The Delmar Metro Link station needs a volunteer gardening team. Metro is willing to provide labor, even on Saturdays, but cannot provide plant knowledge. The flower beds are currently occupied with a variety of hardy blooming perennials, many native plants. And A LOT of weeds. The bed along the sidewalk between the station and the parking lot, and the bed along the westbound platform (Hodimont) need the most attention. If any of you have interest, or ideas on building a volunteer team, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. In the immediate term, I am planning to work with Metro folks on Friday, July 23 from 7-9 a.m. to clean up some of the weeds. In the long term, I need to hand this over to someone else or Metro may turn it into mowed-weekly grass. If anyone wants to join us then great, please do! Or contact me for future possibilities, or history on the beds. this isn't quite Guerilla Gardening, but public, and good!  Laura -- please reach me more directly at:   a728laura@hotmail.com