San Antonio

• 12 replies
San Antonio
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:20:52 PM »
Anybody out there in the Alamo city?

Re: San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »
Hi, I am from SA but am going to college a few hours drive away. Wouldn't mind getting together when I go back home...maybe even spring break...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »
I'm interested. Who's in charge? :)

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 04:09:42 AM »
I don't think anyone is in charge b/c hardly anyone ever posts. I am not in SA but off at school so...I would suggest you contact the only other member from SA and start something. :-\

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
just found out - lets do something

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 02:48:49 AM »
I am in East SATX and learning about GG. 

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 02:27:00 AM »
I would definitely buy the book from the London GGs.
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

Things to do:
*start saving seeds from the produce you buy
   -get ready for fall planting season, its upon us very soon!
*constantly be on the lookout for open/abandoned lots (be a safe bicyclist/motorist though and try not to site-see too much)
*try to get tools from freecycle/craigslist/family/friends if you don't have any
*after landscaping companies finish at office bldgs or apartment complexes, see if they throw any pots/seed trays in the dumpster and take them (you can start your own seedlings in them)
*find handy trays/crates from supermarkets (usually in the back by the dumpsters) to help transport stuff, especially if you have a bike (bike trailer potential)
*talk to local nurseries for free stuff/ripped bags, or just plain old advice
*get the word out and find more people...chat the idea up about GG and see who's interested

-happy gardening  :D

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 02:39:35 AM »
There will be an informational on GG this Saturday, July 19 in Bryan, TX.

http://barcamp.org/GardenCampBryan

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
An idea is to look at illegal dumping areas for beautification, I'm sure the city wouldn't look down on guerrilla gardening in that sense. Also, find abandoned lots, talk to the neighbors and set up a community garden (especially if the landowner is usually out of town).

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 04:22:11 AM »
So, and San Antonionians out there lately, let me know. I run a community garden on South Presa, but I have bigger, more mobile plans.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »
I am a student at UTSA and am interested in hearing about your plans.  Lets do something.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 07:47:49 AM »
is this thread still alive? im off of west ave. let me know if you guys want to do something?

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
I just moved here and would love to participate in some GG...anyone still in?