Oceanside Guerilla Gardening has begun!

• 4 replies
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:59:35 AM »
I've been collecting succulent clippings from around the neighborhood since I moved to California last October and have a decent collection of them. Today is the dawn of a new era - I'm giving most of them new homes throughout the town and today was Day 1 of many to come. I picked a spot in the neighborhood on Vista Way and the 78, this nasty bit of highway just ravaged with weeds and trash. I have successfully completed picking up the trash today and tomorrow I will begin planting! I'll have some pictures soon. If anyone is in the North County area and wants to get together sometime, I'm down! greenearthalive@gmail.com is my email address.

Re: Oceanside Guerilla Gardening has begun!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:39:55 AM »
I planted my first batch and there are many more to come! Check out pictures on my blog: ddtheadventurer.blogspot.com

tampopo

• http://aware.ie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »
Well done, just had a quick look at the pics on your blog.  Congrats,

will be following on here, more than there, keep us updated.

T.

Re: Oceanside Guerilla Gardening has begun!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:25:43 AM »
I drove by the patch today on the way back from La Milpa Organica, a local farm I volunteer at, and the whole darn thing is covered in trash again! It's upsetting, but it also makes me a little warm inside because I know all that trash will be going in the garbage tomorrow! I'll be heading over there after the farmers market to clean it up once more and give the succulents some water so they can take root! I'll probably be bringing a few more deeper rooted, larger ones as well. OH and good news - La Milpa Organica is located below some hills that are just teaming with native plants so I'll be heading up this week so I can get some clippings, clone them, root them, and plant them in my newly claimed spot! I'm so excited.

tampopo

• http://aware.ie
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:39:50 AM »
Commiserations,

but keep going, keep at it, and I'll be checking back with you for progress....

well done...

T.