Seed bomb success

• 11 replies

willie wit

• /soil is analog/
Seed bomb success
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
I bombed a bit of spare ground near where i live last spring - sadly the weedkillers wiped out sunflowers , cornflower and poppies , but thats the chance you take .
The good news is the field poppies got a grip this spring and are blooming fab !
Personally i think autumn sown bombs have more chance of a good show the next year as there is more moisture later in the year to get them going.

bB
 8)

Re: Seed bomb success
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »
  :) :) Thats blooming marvelous  :) :)
Drink deep and never thirst

willie wit

• /soil is analog/
Re: Seed bomb success !!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:03:50 AM »
Two weeks on...

and goin` strong.  :)

bB
8)

tampopo

• http://aware.ie
Seed bomb success
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
Impressive, well done. T.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
Were these beautiful poppies via seed bombing? 

Well done - they look superb.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
You inspired me!  I sowed corn poppies along my route to work this morning.  Just loose, not seed bombs, but with any luck some will grab hold.

Maki

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:01:41 PM »
Nice! Well done  :D

How many seedbombs did it take to get this amount of flowers? And what's your recipe?

willie wit

• /soil is analog/
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »
Surprisingly there are actually very few plants in this picture - they have just grown HUGE for some reason .
personally i think seedbombs are best sown in the autumn as they get a better start if they stay damp until they get started , spring can often have very dry spells .
Its just a mix of dried clay soil ground up with compost and seeds , theres no exact science - plants just get on with it .
You will get much better results if you can cast and rake seeds in .

8)

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »
Hi Buddleiabill, I've said before poppies are my most favourite flowers, Our troop has just  returned from London after  doing a capital makeover for the Orange media launch of the "Do Some Good" apps. Keep an eye out for daybreak tv Thurs or Fri am. I didn't know who daybreak or Cordelia was until I met her yesterday. Thanks for your support. Bob

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Terrific! Thank you for making it happen. This motivates me even more!

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »
Looks amazing. Obviously a few years ago now though! Any chance there have been any self seeding going on? Any more pictures to show off?

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »
whilst walking through the woods this morning I spotted some wild cyclamen growing under a tree,  I am going to seed the nearby area so hopefully next year there will be plenty of wild flowers around the woods :)