It's time to plant sunflowers.
On 1 May it's International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day and I want to help guerrilla gardeners in London get lots done where they live. Here's the plan:
1. Sign up to this event, and sign up to the international one I've started too on Facebook where there are more links and photos and over 2000 taking part! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=301535539424&ref=ts
2. Have a think about where would be good for sunflowers in your neighbourhood: e.g. generously proportion tree pits with reasonably deep soil, shabby shrubberies, neglected flower beds. verges that aren't too grassy.
3. Plant some sunflowers there... or if you want to help other guerrilla gardeners or get some help then meet at noon on Saturday 1 May at the centre of the large Elephant & Castle North Roundabout to share your plans, recruit help, pick up more planting advice and collect free seeds
4. Head out and guerrilla garden for the afternoon in different locations around London
5. Gather in the evening at a venue (TBC) and celebrate what we've done and what happened.
There are more details on Facebook, so if you're a user please explore these two pages and sign up.
LONDON EVENT: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110782705624678
GLOBAL EVENT: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=301535539424