Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 11:21:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  Los Angeles
| | | | |-+  Dig This Thursday May 6th
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dig This Thursday May 6th  (Read 1220 times)
Xipe
Troop

« on: May 05, 2010, 05:26:26 AM »

This one may not be for everyone - it's a little more political than your average dig.  We're going to dig up a few little patches of grass on some city-owned property and plant things like the Aztec triad instead.   going to film it as part of my documentary on urban agriculture.  If people want their identities masked that's no problem, in fact that could be part of the fun.

I'm going to leave behind a little laminated sign that explains the purpose of the dig, which is to raise awareness about how our tax dollars and public spaces are being used to water grass in a semi-desert when they could be used to create green jobs, reduce our consumption of fossil fuels used to transport food and make better use of our limited water.

I'm open to suggestions for locations - I'll be out scouting tomorrow.  I'm thinking maybe a library at this point, or a DWP building with grass in front would be great.

Ideas, criticisms, and comments all very welcome.  We are about four at this point, looking for like-minded guerilla gardeners.

Feel free to contact me at karneyhatch@gmail.com...so much for anonymity, right?  You can find a link to the doc's web page here:

http://karneyhatch.com/karneyhatchdotcom/?page_id=285

I think we'll meet beforehand around 8 or 8:30 and start digging around 9:30.  I'll post the location as a comment to this post no later than about 6 PM on Thursday.  Cheers!
Xipe
Troop

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:38:27 AM »

East Los Angeles Public Library, 9 PM.  We'll be the folks loitering with plants.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length