I am new here!

• 3 replies

Yomamabinrotten

I am new here!
« on: March 24, 2007, 11:14:48 PM »
     I have been anonymously planting seeds, trees and other plants for many years.

I have even had a brush with the law.

Six years ago, I was planting small trees (from my own home-grown seedlings) in a Rest Area along I-25. This was in the town of Chugwater, WYOMING (population:244) near this photo:

http://www.rockymountainroads.com/wyoming001/i-025_nb_exit_054_06.jpg

The maintenance workers noticed my suspicious activity and contacted the Platte County Sherrif.  They arrived quickly, and, as I had a shovel in my hand, issued a ticket for "vandalism". It carried a maximum fine of up to $750.
Worse yet, all my trees were uprooted and killed. >:(

I made a visit to the Platte County Attorney, and the case was dismissed without any incident. 

My yard is quite small, and I'm always looking for new places for my few potted trees.

Re: I am new here!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:01 AM »
Jim

This is a devastating story!  Though I am pleased to hear the case was dismissed.  You are one of the rare guerrillas who has actually been stopped.  With your permission I would like to write a little about this in my forthcoming book on the subject.  It sounds to me like Wyoming really is enemy territory.  In the UK our enemy is the city council of Oxford, who prosecuted a man for mowing the communal lawns of the care home he lived in, and for putting up hanging baskets!

Richard

Re: I am new here!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »
That is outrageous about Oxford CC, Richard! I'm hoping to move down that way this year and will happy to take them on.

tampopo

• http://aware.ie
I am new here!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:20 PM »
Ah Jim, sorry to hear that. Esp losing the trees. I had a couple stolen/destroyed recently. Chestnuts. Ya get so attached to them, dontcha!!

Don't mention local authorities to me, I'll stope before I start and say too much...grrr.

keep going...