Freegle (Free Giving Locally Easily)

• 1 replies
Freegle (Free Giving Locally Easily)
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
Hi All!
I don't know if anyone has posted about Freegle it's an online reuse recycling website who have only one aim and goal to stop good stuff going to lanfill. It's a bit like ebay without the money. Members can post requesting items they need or respond to offers, you can post for just about anything such as gardening tools, seeds etc. Even broken washing machines. Freegle is not for profit organisation with around 300 groups and 1.4 milion members giving and getting stuff absolutely free. You can check it out via the main UK website at ilovefreegle.org where you'll also find a link to 'Find a branch near you'  Freegle also encourages groups, clubs, schools and colleges for instance to post for resources free of charge. Oh! and charities. It's already won it's first online Green Award and has been put forward for the Observer Green Awards which is amazing since it's only been going 7 months.  I just wanted to let you guys know that this resource is available to GG's everywhere.
Regards
Liddlelur

Re: Freegle (Free Giving Locally Easily)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
In the US we have a site like that called freecycle.org. Anyone can find their hometown or towns nearby. I've found great stuff on there from scrap wood to bird feeders and wind chimes! It's a great feeling to pass something on or attain something so less crap ends up in land fills.