Any Young Guerrillas Out There?

• 2 replies
Any Young Guerrillas Out There?
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:47:44 PM »
I'm a newbie, and quite young, any advice that can be given on how to use this fact to my advantage? So far it seems it'll only get in my way, since I can't even drive yet.
I have a plethera of information on guerrilla gardening, and I know a lot more about plants than the average joe, but I fear the problem will be my "short leash", so to speak. How can I get going on this if my parents will be unable to drive me all around my town, waiting around while I plant stuff?
Basically, I need advice/encouragement... if any of you are young like me or started when you were, I'd love to hear how you handled it.

Thanks,
Pen
"If our days could be filled with small rebellions/senseless, brutal acts of kindness from us all..." ~Jars of Clay

cannonsblazing

Re: Any Young Guerrillas Out There?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »
A bike is very useful, or take the bus! That's what I do, and I'm "all grown up"  :P

Or, go gardening close to where you live. That way you don't have to carry water for watering your plants very far.

Kimmig

• Can't improve on perfect? Just add water.
Re: Any Young Guerrillas Out There?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:38:33 AM »
I, quite often, have a seed or a cutting in my bag and, if I see an appropriate piece of soil on my route, I just plonk it in the ground, you don't even need gloves or a spade, I often just use a little stick to make a hole in the ground, fill it in and firm it up, and keep in mind that you planted it there so on your way back you can give it some water.  And then at first, everytime  you walk past there give it a bit of water and tend to as neccessary until it can become independant...!  When you set it free and it lives it's own life.  But everytime you walk past it you will still secretly fill with pride and love. 

If there are no suitable beds in your area... (Sydney council likes to fill up their garden beds with this bright red gravel, which they've bucketed from somewhere out in the desert), then you have more work to do...  In fact.. that is usually the sweatiest part of the job...  Look at the seed bombing forum, these may be helpful for you
In real life my signature looks different...  better.  Kinda scrawley jagged and loopy.