1 (20%)
or just planting a sedling
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Best ways to spread the seeds?

• 7 replies
Best ways to spread the seeds?
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
 ??? i was wondering so i can get to work on the new seed year?  ;)

cannonsblazing

Re: Best ways to spread the seeds?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
Depends on where you want to plant them, if its a location that's hard to reach then throwing seed bombs is a great idea. And the thing about seed bombs is you can just drop them on the ground where you stand  as well!

So if I have to choose just one way, it'd be seed bombs, because they can be used in most places.

But, if you have the possibility to dig a bit in th ground first, do that and the roots of the seedlings will have a better and easier start in life.

willie wit

• /soil is analog/
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »
Scattering is a very efficient way to get reliable results , mixing your seeds with dry sand will make the spreading of them easier as a lot of seeds are like dust , a light rake is enough ground disturbance for them and again when seeds are down.
I  grew feverfew and cranesbill in yogurt pots last year , had good sized healthy plants to put out by autumn , this allows you to be specific about where they go.
bB
 8)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
 :) :) Ilike to scatter  :) :)
Drink deep and never thirst

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
thanks guys this is helping me alot on what i should do! see there is a new bus stop near where i live and there is sooooo much free ground i thought mayb i could do somthing there but the groumd is really wet! wich can be a - for these things!
but this is of topic by the way i was up waiting for the bus 2day and there is a libernam tree up there and for the first time ever there is loads off seed liens weather it was the cold i dont know but im going to collect so plant them up wait for them to grow then plant them back there in a few years!

willie wit

• /soil is analog/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
Hey dude! ;)
If you click on the` landlife ` link on my post you will find a `wetland/pond edge ` seed mix available on their website . its 10g for four quid  , 50g for fifteen quid  , as an idea of price , the more you buy the cheaper it gets.
it`ll be mark 144posts soon - fantastic !!!! ;D
hehe
 8)

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
aw yea i was checking it out it is a class site i <3 it im going to get some stuff of them me thinks!!!!!!!
aw yea i hope so i will be taking pics off all i do so that u flowers can see hahahaha <3 u all!!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:54:50 PM »
In Southern California I've found the best way is dropping them in a hole. I usually use a stick and make a  scratch in the ground, drop in the seeds and step on it to cover the seeds up. We have been in a drought the past 3 years and in 2007 we only got 3 inches of rain! That's not enough to break down a seed bomb. The abandoned lots here tend to have a thick mat of weeds and the loose seeds can't penetrate to the dirt. This year we've actually had some rain and the places where I was able to break up the dirt are blooming this year. I always use California natives when I throw seeds or make bombs.