New recruit in Lichtenberg

• 6 replies
New recruit in Lichtenberg
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »
Hello all!
I'm Matteo, an Italian guy resident in Berlin Lichtenberg and I'm new here!

I'm a newbie but I was always interested in the guerrilla gardening and in the urban blight recovery, and I'm sure that I would be glad to take part in this movement. I'm available in Lichtenberg but I can move without problems in other zones.

Right now until the snow will melt down there's no work out of here or we can try to do something? Let me know!

Best wishes to all!

PS
I can't read correctly the german letters here in this forum (the umlauts), how I can fix it?

Re: New recruit in Lichtenberg
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
No one here?  ::)

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »
I was just collecting news about guerilla gardening and came across your email here.
I am surprised that there is so little action in Berlin,apart from some Common Gardens.
Seems it wold be good to start something more regional and maybe this is not the right platform,too much english
If anybody is interested in some help,I am an old gardener and german.

Vielleicht sollte man einfach mal in seinem eigenen Kiez zu Aktionen aufrufen,die Nachbarschaftsheime k?nnten daf?r ganz gut sein.Denn nat?rlich hat die katastrophale finanzielle Lage der Stadt Berlin dazu gef?hrt,dass unglaublich viele kleine Pl?tze total verlottern.Vermutlich k?nnte man sogar Unterst?tzung von den Gr?nen und Linken bekommen oder sogar von den Gartenbau?mtern.
Ich denke ,wenn hier jeder f?r sich so alleine wurschtelt und Saatb?lle schmeisst,das kann es doch nicht sein....Gr?sse aomi

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
Thank you a lot for the answer, what we can do for organize something? did you know any active community for this?

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
Hi there,
I'm also a newbe and would like to do some serious urban gardening!!! unfortunately, this forum isn't very active, it seems... but maybe we could start to set up a local (Berlin) group - and for a start, let's help petrus with what he seeks to do: http://guerrillagardening.org/community/index.php?topic=3137.0
I live in neuk?lln, and there are so many (small) spaces where gardening would make much sense - so even if it doesn't work out with petrus, we could meet up and plan something!
what do you say??

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »
http://www.urbanacker.net/index.php?option=com_content&view
if you go "Gaerten" on top you get a lot of projects in different parts of Berlin like Kreuzberg,Friedrichshain and Mitte etc where you will be welcome.
I am a gardener and retired landscape architect and my daughter has joined guerilla gardening in Strasbourg and they started with the help of the City last week.That?s why I came across you here.
But sure there are so many neglected spots in Berlin,that one could start a project almost everywhere.I live in Wilmersdorf  and I do not know of any project here.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Hey people,
I'm all for going Guerrilla Gardening, I'm based in Neuk?lln/Kreuzberg as well. Maybe it'd be nice to meet up with those that live in the area?

Will contact you by PM.
Cheers,
R?gis