Ventura County Guerrilla Gardening Start Up

• 1 replies
Ventura County Guerrilla Gardening Start Up
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:41 PM »
Hi There!

I have always wanted to do something like this but had no idea how to start or that there was an organization out there like this. There is plenty of land in Ventura County that could use some serious planting. I am in the Simi Valley area, know of some good locations to do this, and will probably start doing this myself sometime next week with the help of a couple of friends. I have a ton of seeds, and many plants that are currently growing. Would anyone like to join? I think this would be a lot of fun and a great way to really make some areas look more lovely. Please let me know. Thank you!

Melissa

Re: Ventura County Guerrilla Gardening Start Up
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »
Potential guerilla garden site in Ventura, but have the weeds been killed with used motor oil? How hard is that ground anyway? Must sneak out at night with pick axe to find out! There's another site on the next block, both near businesses where we know the owners & might be able to get water from.

I have about 20 succulents & read that it's best to plant in the Fall, so have some time to save up more. This is about 6'x30' so I think it needs at least 45 plants.

There are at least 3 more like this within a few blocks, so seeds would be useful also. I just thought since someone gave me the succs and they should be evergreen and low care I'd donate them.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=205872&l=7818ade5e3&id=100000699649512