Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 12:35:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Global Forum
| | |-+  Please Release me, Let me Grow
Pages: « 1 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please Release me, Let me Grow  (Read 54662 times)
ton up
Troop

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2016, 09:48:20 PM »

Old Kilmainham, near Dublin Providers Limited.

I needed a visa for my Cuban excursion, so while I was at the embassy, I released this tree outside. Just loosened it, really. Still. It counts.

I can't remember this location.

and after...
Note the dimples on the bark.

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2016, 11:21:09 PM »

I can't find the 'before' photo of the first tree.

Here it is, here it is. Found it

then...

but while I was there, outside Rathmines Leisure Centre, I released its buddy.

33950
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:02:45 PM by ton up » Logged

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2016, 10:49:55 PM »

My next attack. Follow up possibly tomorrow, but I knew you couldn't wait!  Wink

And here it is with guerrilla gardening dog 3 as a decoy. Well, she was being 'minded' for the weekend, and had to earn her keep!

34185
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:42:38 PM by ton up » Logged

maimultverde.ro
johngcs
Troop

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »

Wow, amazing thread, nice work all - can't believe how tight some of those straps were - surprising how the trees grow when they are so tightly restrained  Kiss

Passionate local gardener. Founder of landscaping business - Garden Care Services
ton up
Troop

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »

Wow, amazing thread, nice work all - can't believe how tight some of those straps were - surprising how the trees grow when they are so tightly restrained  Kiss

thanks, here's more I did yesterday...

The stake at the above tree is completely, 100% loose.

37230

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2016, 03:46:55 PM »

And the last tree above, I think, has this mark from rubbing against the support stake.

so it's freeer (more free?) now.

I may wrap a bicycle tyre around it...

And at the Hardwicke Street Community Garden Open Day last week, I spotted this....

and asked could they release it.

So,

They did!

well done lads.

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2016, 12:02:42 PM »

Actually, the tree I mention above? This is it.

and after....

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »

And then this one...(first photo a couple of months ago.)

then, released yesterday afternoon...

but the support is 100% supported by the tree, so I'll go back and remove it at a later date.

37285

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »

Under cover of darkness, I did an attack a couple of weeks ago...don don donnnn!

The first one is previewed a couple of months ago, but the rest are more recent...

then,

The next two were smash and grabs. One, a 'breaking and entering'.  Cool

######

Finally,

Degroovy.

38192

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »

While out and about for Open House 2016 today, I released one in front of a house. Will edit in pics at a later date.

Ok, it's a later date. #openhousedublin

In the Liberties, the Coombe.

and...

Cos the queue for the Open House was too long, I released the tree (with an audience) and left.

39065

39911
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:55:23 PM by ton up » Logged

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »

Carpe diem, carpe diem.

Often I come across trees that need to be released and don't have tools. So, today I brought a claw hammer with me!

Frankfort Ave before sunrise this morning!

40721

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2016, 11:49:35 PM »

What more's to be said? George Michael dead.  Sad Cry Angry Shocked Undecided

The other morning, Grove Rd. by Rathmines bridge, I saw this and took a pic.

later that afternoon, I had to go back, broken bike, new wheel, a mess, and released this one, thinking it was the same tree.

Of course, it wasn't the same tree at all, at all.  Cos I walked 50m up the road and found the first one.

so, released it.

Anyways, I had a mispost the other day. Here they are. First photo is early July this year.

second photo is the other week.

Sad day all round...Here's a favourite of mine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6izqHk4ugo

41101

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

I saw this recently,

and released it this morning.

42450

maimultverde.ro
aerxi
Troop

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »

good work Smiley
ton up
Troop

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »

good work Smiley

Thanks.

Saw this across town about three months ago.

Outside Fairview Park when my mother was in a nearby nursing home. She has since moved and haven't been able to get back to see it till today, where I realise it has already been released and the pole removed. Unfortunately the phone is on the blink and can't show ye a photo of it.

44356

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2017, 11:48:11 PM »

I released this tree some time ago, but there's no record of it here, for some reason. Anyway, I noticed afterwards that the top of the protective railing was causing a wound to the tree. Thus...

So I got one of the rubber spacers and a cable tie and tried to rectify the problem.

will try and get a better photo. Temp phone used while main phone getting screen fixed...  Undecided

45057

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »

yeah, worked out a treat, if I say so myself.

There's another one nearby that needs the same job done to it. I may edit the photo in here. Check back in a bit...

45273

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »

Sorry about the delay. The tree had no need to be attended to as it had been released and the cage removed.

Around the oorner, the tree featured in Reply 84 has been given a 'short back and sides'. Trunk has been trimmed and cleaned up. Support stake and tie removed.

45826

maimultverde.ro
ton up
Troop

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »

Well, that's a pleasant surprise. Most pics are back.

I've released some recently but not posted till I figure out which free photo hosting site to use. If anyone has recommendations, let me know.

Failing that, keep up to day using this hashtag #pleasereleasemeletmegrow

Have a good bank holiday everyone!

53590

maimultverde.ro
Pages: « 1 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length