Hunting Park grassy areas.....

• 3 replies
Hunting Park grassy areas.....
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
Hey all! I'm new to GG, but have read and heard about it in various cities. This morning (9/23/09) I drove along 11th street with my dad in the Hunting Park/Nicetown Tioga area.... We were at 11th & Wyoming Ave when he told me how the area/ street used to be thriving - delis, bakeries, clothing shops - it was a really successful spot! But they discovered that the land was sinking and everything shut down, buildings were torn down, and it's been grassy nothingness ever since, this was about 20 years ago. I thought it might be a nice spot to do some GGing! I know there are plenty of areas in Philly that don't even have grass, so I'm open to GGing anywhere really.

This just seems like a great spot to me because 1- it's not sinking anymore :) 2- the grass proves that trees/flowers/etc can flourish and survive 3- I think it'd be a nice way to show people that Philly is on an upswing, it just takes time and care! It'd be much nicer for the residents in the area to look out their windows and their porches and see beautiful colors, rather than overgrown grass and weeds that the city has deserted.

Any takers?? :)

Rachel

Re: Hunting Park grassy areas.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
I'm in!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
i am just moving back from LA and forgot about seasons in Philly... is it too late to try seedbombing? is there anything we can do in the fall/winter??

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:52:33 AM »
hey guys, please email me if any of you are interested in doing some gg that will be a little more official than a one time deal.  thanks in advance.

torr2@philau.edu