One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka

• 0 replies
One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »
I've just been reading One Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming. What a fantastic book! I haven't finished it yet but it has already revolutionized the way I think about farming. I started a guerrilla garden below the skytrain in Vancouver, BC recently and quickly realized the soil was too poor and wounded to grow much. Then I started reading this book and now I think, wow, we can really help to heal the earth through his simple methods. I felt like a dumbass for planting tomatoes and a pumpkin in this soil! My garden just got mowed down-very sad, but now I know that next year I will be planting white clover and diakons or radishes and other wild-flowers and herbs that will help to heal this little bit of earth.

He says that we can replenish the 6 inches of topsoil we have wasted using methods like this within 20 years while at the same time growing vegetables without depleting the earth or using chemicals. Very exciting and inspiring stuff.

Please read the book and share your thoughts, insights or practical applications! ::)
Food for roots, health, peace and community
www.helladelicious.com