gardening success in leeds!! and need some help please

• 6 replies
gardening success in leeds!! and need some help please
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:31:29 PM »
Just a short messgae for now.

I have just returned from a very successful restive dig in leeds last night (30th december)

A group of 7 new troops braved the cold northern wind, rain, dubious police and the draw of the pub opposite, to totally revamp a planter at Hyde Park Corner, Leeds! 

The planter, was full of rubbish and weeds and now has been cleared, with fresh composty soil, daffodil bulbs, wildflower seeds and primroses.  It look so clear and pretty...  outstanding work from the Leeds crew... Becki, Paddy, John, Viki, Suze and Pete.

troop 1046

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:16:56 AM by Richard 1 »

Re: gardening success in leeds!! and need some help please
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »
Nice work lyla, looking forward to the next one...

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
Would love to get involved in projects like this around the Bradford/leeds area. I'm also a healthcare professional - whats the chances of getting arrested, oooh i might be struck off (only if i'm caught  ;))

Natalie

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »
count me in too, for the next occasion. i have been making a list of potentials sites as i walk around Leeds and have a few possibles already.
shall we start a list and then get ticking them off?  ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:17:02 AM »
will be in leeds from 1st of july in hyde park area movin up from London.  love to get involved!

peace 

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »
Hi, i live a little outside of leeds and although do not have any areas in mind that need some green fingered tlc i would love to get involved in any of the missions you have lined up, so do get in contact if i can help in any way, Toni, x

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
i'm thinking about locations for some autumnal bulb planting - post your possible locations here, so we can work out some dates. first two weeks of august are good for me!
i have two planters outside somerfield in headingley that need some attention, anyone interested? i've also spoken to two shopkeepers who will have posters and might give us some seeds... who's on board?