Free Trees/Plants for you Floridians to try.

• 3 replies

Gadrel

Free Trees/Plants for you Floridians to try.
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:31:59 AM »
    I live here in Georgia but I have been experimenting with Desert Legume trees for several years now since we have been so drought prone lately. I have seeds and seedlings of many species that are "ALMOST" hardy in North Georgia so would make it just fine down Florida way. Any of you guys that want some for your projects I will gladly send them to you as I sprout them up. I just don't want them to go to waste as they are really cool trees and great for wildlife habitat and waste land reclamation. They are obviously drought hardy and since they are legumes they fix nitrogen, basically making their own fertlizer, Here in Georgia when planted along the coastal areas with sandy soil (like all of Florida) they have been bullet proof and VERY rapid! They can cover vacant lots, waste areas, provide nector (as they all bloom heavily) and build the soil up in no time to a rich dark black soil. Providing I don't get too swamped with requests will try to have some available for various regions of Florida so not all put out in one spot. They range from South American, African and Australian Acacia's, Mexican Mesquites, Western Palo Verde Trees, Desert Bird of Paradise, Fairy Dusters etc etc. Just let me know, trying to find them good homes!

Re: Free Trees/Plants for you Floridians to try.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:07:57 PM »
Hi, I know its been almost a year since you posted but, do you still have the legume tree seeds. I live in north central florida . Thank you

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
Actually... I know a great patch in North Dade that could use some of that? Could you PM me if you have any?
In Fearful day in Raging Night
With Strong Hearts full our Souls Ignite
When All Seems Lost in the War of Light
Look to the Stars Hope Burns Bright

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »
I am brand new to the idea of GG but I have long loved the ideal.  I love to take cuttings and give them to friends, and whenever I am out of town I bring a piece home to Georgia.  I live in Savannah, and have learned that there is an Atlanta branch.  Money is tight, but time and effort I am not short of.  Please message me as I live in a much more temperate south Ga!!!
~Joie de Vivre~