Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 12:37:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  San Francisco
| | | | |-+  International Guerrilla Sunflower Day in SF
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: International Guerrilla Sunflower Day in SF  (Read 3883 times)
Xanthoria
Troop

« on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:52 AM »

Anyone want to join in a sunflower planting in SF on May 2nd (Saturday)?

Here are the deets!

We have grown several dozen sunflower plants, seedlings and seeds, and we need help from our neighbors to plant them right here, in your neighborhood. Bring gardening gloves and a trowel or shovel if you have them.

When: On Saturday May 2nd from 10am-12pm
Where: At Pennsylvania and Mariposa, in Potrero Hill, SF, opposite Center Hardware.
What: Plant sunflower seedlings and seeds.
Why: To make the neighborhood more beautiful.
How much: FREE!

Find out more about this and Pennsylvania Garden (at 18th Street) here: http://pennsylvaniagarden.blogspot.com/
portland
Troop

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »

This is great!   Count me in.  My Name is Portland and I saw a large article about planting Sunflowers in the Fri. Chron on the front page and then on p.A11.  This lady is working with all sorts of people to plant thousands of Lemon Queen sunflowers all over the bay area to help the bees which we all know are in big trouble.  She will send out 64,000 packets of seeds this week all over the United States.  So, I thought immediately of Guerrilla Gardeners and how great it would be if we helped her with this project.  Thank you so much for doint all of this for all of us and it helps the bees as well as lots of other stuff.  I know we all think of the butterflies and bees when we plant flowering natives and all that where ever and whenever we can.  It all helps.  If you want to contact her its  415-405-2409 and on the web:  www.greatsunflower.org.  I did buy 5 packets of sunflowers and I will be planting them (one packet per day) all week. 
So, put me down for coming next week.  I will look at the web site and figure out which buses to take to get there.  So great you are doing this.  Portland
Xanthoria
Troop

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »

We did it!

http://pennsylvaniagarden.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-sunflower-planting-day.html

Grin
fhaye101
Troop

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »

When would be the next Sunflower Day in SF?

I've like to experience the fun and excitement that it gives. Update pls... Anybody?
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length