Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 08:20:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  Republic of Ireland
| | |-+  Northern Cross
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Northern Cross  (Read 3945 times)
brian276
Ireland GGs
Troop

« on: April 17, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »

Hi,

I'm interested in fixing up a patch of neglected bedding around Northern cross on the Malahide road, anyone up for that?

I'll post some photos later to give you the gist of the scene at the moment.

blh
greenmilitant
Troop

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

Hi there,
Im interested... whats the plan? I live in Swords and I'm in a social group called Seed. I might be able to get a few people out to help...
brian276
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:36:06 PM »

Hi GM

I was thinking of cleaning up a shrubbery in front of a certain shopping centre at northern cross, there's also a space where the soil has largely been stripped away and compacted by pedestrian traffic and rain.

I was thinking of picking out the litter, crisp packets, tins and cig. butts etc. then plant some sunflower seeds over by the wall and then to seal all the goodness in, toss some mulch on to protect and fertilise the remaining soil.

check this link to see the horror of the site at the moment:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10305641@N05/sets/72157616980171416/

this might be a bit ambitious for the first one but any feed back and of course bedding plants would be appreciated.

brian276
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:51:22 PM by brian276 » Logged
tampopo
Ireland GGs
Troop

http://aware.ie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »

I had a look at your link.

A sign for the N11 on the Malahide road???

but keep up the good work. You'll be on the Troop Digs page in no time!
brian276
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement Tampopo!!!

we're go for a dig  on Wednesday 29th April -7.30pm, meeting at recycling bins in Clarehall if anyone is interested.

see you there!

b276
brian276
Ireland GGs
Troop

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »

clean sweep No. 1 completed,

even tough the clouds were looking ominous, people came out and helped us weed the shrubbery around clarehall and there was a bit of planting also entered into.

photos may follow, if i remember a camera this time.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length