Anybody in Gloucester / Cheltenham need a helper?

• 15 replies
Anybody in Gloucester / Cheltenham need a helper?
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
I am in Gloucester, don't have much in the way of gardening skills but willing to  help others.
Let me know.

Matt

Re: Anybody in Gloucester / Cheltenham need a helper?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
tentatively making a start in Cheltenham!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »
Hey,
I was just wondering if there are any projects happening in Gloucestershire at the moment, we're in Cheltenham and would be interested in hepling out.

Thanks

Sal

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
Hi im in chelt and there are tons of forgotten spaces to plant up and inspire thought provoking art type stuff but since iv not done this before is there anything i could help with ?

Kayleigh  :)

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
Hi, I'm keen and have some ideas for a Cheltenham site. Hope somebody out there's still interested? Let's do it!
Hyperion :) 

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »
Hi, I'm up for a bit of mischief in Cheltenham.  Anyone doing anything?

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Maybe we should make a start . . . Im sure whoever has already posted on here has a friend or two who would be willing to help and before we know it we've got our own Guerrilla group?

Can anyone suggest a date, time and a good place to start?

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »
I don't know the form but it might be a good idea to meet up first & come up with a plan rather than diving straight in. 

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
I thought that my last post would probably be better if I made a suggestion as to where and when.  How about we meet for coffee and a chat at the Curious Cafe in the Bath Road this Sunday morning (29th of May)?  I'll go if anyone responds,any takers?

J

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
At last. Been waiting for my account to be activated for ages! Hope I'm not too late, but I'm up for a meeting over the weekend. Lets gather a crew together and go gardening or something- we can take drinks/ get some corporate/wild foragin' done as we work.

Who's up for it, c'mon glos guys- you haven't got anything better to do.

Reply if you're up for it.
I'll invite some fellow revolutionary gardeners,

PM me your email address or something,

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
Sadly we are working this weekend ( this inconvenience happens every other weekend - booo)  so maybe this meeting we'll have to miss however we are ready to get involved.

Keep in touch and let us know where you are at with gardening.

p.s Check out the Forest of dean project.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
This weekend?, or during the week sometime? - whenever people, lets get this going. We've still got time to plant cuttings/ seedlings, of which I have many currently growing in the greenhouse - a few types of squash, siberian kale, root parsley, various berries, herbs etc... 

I'm working on a g-garden, aiming to turn it into a food forest - it already has lots of small nut trees, cherry, willow, sycamore etc. I didn't plant them, but I intend to look after them - maybe do some coppicing in feb. I'm busy digging swells at the moment - natural irrigation trenches. Got my leguminous plants fixing nitrogen, growing alongside various herbs'n'veges on steep raised beds, with wood and other decaying plant matter buried underneath- releasing its goodness into the ground slowly. I'm growing comfrey for liquid compost teas, and green mulch. 

Planning to set up water storage, and compost sites soon... come and give me a hand, or we'll start something else where- I don't mind, so long as we get producing food... everywhere, and fast.

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
I am based in gloucester and am working towards a career as a gardener.
I am keen to get involved with any projects that are happenong
Please contact me on: lynnbirrell@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 06:47:53 AM »
Hi, just for info, I'm still doing a little bit in Leckhampton.  This year I've started with the first 5 apple trees in one of the parks.  With my aim being to develop that on over the next few years into something of an orchard.  So far, so good.

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:20 PM »
That's great Fat Boy! Have you any photos of your new plants? What part of Leckhampton? That's quite near to where I work!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:38:01 PM by Mithos »

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
Anyone in Cheltenham / Gloucester still active on here..? If so lets get planning!