South Philly 09

• 8 replies
South Philly 09
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:13:29 PM »
anyone interested in guerilla gardening south street or souther??!  let's do it.  i have sprouts a-sprouting and bulbs a-bulbing in my apartment as we speak! 

Re: South Philly 09
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:34 AM »
I'm in!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »
I'm in
I'm new
how can I help?

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »

Do you guys live in South Philly?  I think danger of frost ends mid-April so we can get our seeds/plants out then.  For now I'm just sprouting seeds in my house.  What places do you have in mind for guerrilla gardening?

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »
 ;D
Wow...I am so glad I found you guys...I am totally into this idea. I have some plants already started here. I am also in the process of ordering some heirloom corn and beans. I have some great spots scouted out.  I would like to get these lots as community gardens, but I figure we should get out there and garden them without permission because it would be a shame to wait for all of the red tape!!  Please feel free to shoot me a message for my number.  I live close to Christian. Keep strong ninjas!

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
Okay I just seed bombed some zinnias near Broad and Bainbridge.. then I guy stepped on my spot a minute later.  I'll need to get some mini fences.

But I also found a nice hidden spot in Grad Hospital area to plant some lima beans and stuck a little sign in the ground.  I'm slightly more hopeful about these, but seed bombing is gonna be a bit tricky.

I still have pumpkin and bean seeds, plenty of bulbs, and sunflower seeds.  Maybe some of us could meet up for Sunflower Seed day May 1st?  I live near Italian Market and have some parks in mind!

Cara
tesseract.traveler@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 02:25:27 PM »
PS- if you go without us, please take pictures!

grow2be

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:14 PM »
Hey, i think the time to plant without the worry of frost is officially after mother's day --- we should set up a time and date to go out and do some community action in the streets. 

Anyone down?  I know a few good spots in the bella vista area and close to south street.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »
Sure, I could also use some help if anyone is around

http://guerrillaphilly.wordpress.com/